Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2011, 08:03   #46

Re: Best Bluewater Boat Under $35k

Loved the video on the S/V pestilence. Those folk are really maniacs. It's obvious that they didn't spend much time here on C/F because if so, they would still getting advice, making repairs and being told how it can't be done. Some would have said that they need all new standing rigging and the broken forestay will attest to the wisdom of that insight. They would still be working at McDonalds trying to save enough for that important piece of cable.Instead, they set sail. That might not have been the wise decision but many sailors of ages past had to think on their feet and that's what I saw in the video. Although the odds will be in your favor there is no guarantee that your newly rebuilt Zoomy 50 diesel will run for an hour.

I know that some will say they're lucky, some will call them nuts but some will admire their spirit and desire to live their dreams as they see fit. (Direct deposit really cracked me up).

There are very few guarantees in this life and these young folk were young and uneducated enough to realize that. They lived the dream that many on here wish for. God bless them all.

As to the original post I'm looking at boats just like what you want. I've found Tartan 37's Pearson 365's some Albergs, Islanders, Mariners and many more that would fit your bill. I'm retired now and am getting ready to drive to Annapolis to see some boats.

I've sailed beach cats (Nacra 5.8, Tornado's, Hobies) since 1970 and if I got a boat in Annapolis (35-40 mono) I'd take it to Florida. Some inside, some outside and a lot of advice from the knowledgeable folks on this site. Many here have been there and done that so it's a treasure trove of information. Just ignore the comments of the naysayers once you have decided to do it. Good luck on your choices and hope to see you out there.

Bill Burgette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water