Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2015, 17:28   #466

Boat: O38 & J24
Re: Beneteau 38

I agree with Homerobarros...the cubes give lots of extra storage. I keep all the rum, vodka, gin, rye, vermouth, bitters, campari, and Rye in one, and all the boat's manuals & accessories in the other
Fluer de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 18:17   #467

Well Homero, Kelly and I are envious. That sound like a great run for the boat.
I forwarded the déjà vu post and my dealer has assured me he is on it. From literature it would seem all cruisers 2 or 3 cabins should have same salon arrangement but perhaps not. My dealer has indicated that the ordering process for the 38 was a big topic of discussion at dealer meeting in Florida in March. As we can see the need to include the 35 into mix as well given the above pose which also involved issues in the salon. At least we are not all bitching about politics they are sailing vessels and we are all fortunate to be at the helm and in positions to enjoy life this way. Despite that I still want my stools to put my wine in one and manuals in the other... Thanks for all the input. I like the stove cutting board . I also am thinking the cockpit table is prime for conversion from the small wood lid ti a cutting board. Certainly would weather better.
aspenripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 19:14   #468

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 51.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post
My boat was build in early 2014 and I do have 2 stools in the main cabin.

It seems that the cushions that are used to convert the seating area to double bed are doubling as seating cushions in port aft cabin (seating area closes to the cabin door, it is a 2 cabin cruiser model).

I am wondering what boats without the "double berth in salon" option have for seating areas there.
I have the Weekender 3 Cabin version. On my invoice, the following items are listed:

T07 Salon Table $470
C2103 Double Berth Moka $380

We have the two bolt-down stools (for and aft), the table with both long and short legs, and the cushion to convert the cabin to a double berth. I >think< the "Salon Table" actually refers to the large cushion and the short legs, as all boats come with a table and long legs. I think the "Double Berth" option is the forward stool, with the aft stool being stock on all boats.

That's just my guess though.
mstrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 21:45   #469

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38

It was my impression that the daysailer and weekender do not come with table in the salon (according to model pictures in spec sheet). My (cruiser version) invoice listed Salon Table as "included" and Double Berth as $380.

It is my guess that "Double Berth" includes short legs and 2 cushions that cover the table only - and to get the actual double berth, one needs to get the table and stools (either as part of the package/model or as separate option).

Regards,
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrebe View Post
I have the Weekender 3 Cabin version. On my invoice, the following items are listed:

T07 Salon Table $470
C2103 Double Berth Moka $380

We have the two bolt-down stools (for and aft), the table with both long and short legs, and the cushion to convert the cabin to a double berth. I >think< the "Salon Table" actually refers to the large cushion and the short legs, as all boats come with a table and long legs. I think the "Double Berth" option is the forward stool, with the aft stool being stock on all boats.

That's just my guess though.
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 02:29   #470

Quote:
My boat was build in early 2014 and I do have 2 stools in the main cabin.

It seems that the cushions that are used to convert the seating area to double bed are doubling as seating cushions in port aft cabin (seating area closes to the cabin door, it is a 2 cabin cruiser model).

I am wondering what boats without the "double berth in salon" option have for seating areas there.
Silver Shadow,
With the short legs for the table, came also extra cushions to convert it to double bed. I will try to take pictures and post.
Cheers
homerobarros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 03:10   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenripper View Post
I like the stove cutting board . I also am thinking the cockpit table is prime for conversion from the small wood lid ti a cutting board. Certainly would weather better.
Ed, I thought about the same. The Teak table outside will get stained very easily with any type of fat. Either I will have to varnish it like Matt have or put some kind of cover when eating outside.
Homero
Old 15-04-2015, 07:42   #472

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38

My question was abut where do the cushions go when not used as double berth? It seems that they double up as a cushion for a seat in the port aft cabin - can you take a picture of that, as well - It does no seen to be an "exact fit" on my boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerobarros View Post
Silver Shadow,
With the short legs for the table, came also extra cushions to convert it to double bed. I will try to take pictures and post.
Cheers
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 10:32   #473

Quote:
My question was abut where do the cushions go when not used as double berth?
I find it fits well along the hull in either aft cabin, just wedged in to the outboard cubby. Table berth cushions are always hard to find a place for on boats, our last boat had the same problem.
Old 15-04-2015, 10:40   #474

What are you guys doing for cockpit cushions?

Right now (while the boat is in charter) we're using these WestMarine fold upright/fold flat cushions that are cheap and work well:

WEST MARINE Go-Anywhere Seat 2 | West Marine

They fold flat or fold up to a seated position easily. In the cockpit we lay one flat and then the next one angles just right for a nice recliner if you're laying forward. Just enough room to keep watch while the autopilot gets you there, you just have to make sure you don't fall asleep.

You can raise the back upright and use it as a helm seat cushion as well, although it does slide a bit. Anyway, I thought I'd point them out as a good cheap solution that you can toss down in an aft cabin when not in use.
Old 15-04-2015, 12:20   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrebe View Post
What are you guys doing for cockpit cushions?

Right now (while the boat is in charter) we're using these WestMarine fold upright/fold flat cushions that are cheap and work well:

WEST MARINE Go-Anywhere Seat 2 | West Marine

They fold flat or fold up to a seated position easily. In the cockpit we lay one flat and then the next one angles just right for a nice recliner if you're laying forward. Just enough room to keep watch while the autopilot gets you there, you just have to make sure you don't fall asleep.

You can raise the back upright and use it as a helm seat cushion as well, although it does slide a bit. Anyway, I thought I'd point them out as a good cheap solution that you can toss down in an aft cabin when not in use.
Matt, they are great. We have 4 of these. When not in use, I store then in the shower ( 2 cabin configuration) .
I wanted to ask you this for a long time: Does your varnished cockpit table scratch easily?
Old 15-04-2015, 15:18   #476

I had bottomsiders made. They are custom fit to the 38 cockpit seats and are very durable, washable nd comfortable. Btw, i prefer lighter colors as darker ones can can get hot. FdM
Old 15-04-2015, 15:30   #477

A-Spinnaker. 15 knot wind=10 knot SOG, 10 knot wind=8.5 knot SOG, 5 knot wind=5 knot SOG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	100502  
Old 15-04-2015, 15:34   #478

Beneteau A-Spinnaker blocks...one attached to horn cleat one not.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	193
Size:	420.3 KB
ID:	100503  
Old 15-04-2015, 16:26   #479

My 38 has uncovered wires at the base of the mast that are exposed to the sun/salt. I noticed other Beneteau's have wires that are covered with small flexible tubing. Does anyone else have exposed wires and if not how are yours coverd? Photos appreciated. FdM
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	235
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	100506  
Old 15-04-2015, 16:43   #480

Aft cabin mirrors installed. FdM
Attached Thumbnails