Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 18:36   #1

Any C&C owners out there?

We have our eye on a 43' C&C Landfall. All of our research leads us to believe that this is a great boat for crusing and liveaboard. We would really appreciate if anyone with any first-hand experience can offer any info to us as to the boats strenghts and weaknesses, etc.
Many thanks, and happy New Year!
LifeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 19:03   #2

We like our CnC. It seems well built, sails well, and is comfortable. There is a CnC website for the older ones. C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center

Good luck, Bryan
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 13:29   #3

Boat: C&C Landfall 43 "MYSTIQUE"
C&C Landfall 43

After years of searching for our perfect, part-time cruising boat for our retirement years, Jan and I finally decided on the Landfall 43. This is a larger boat (and older) than we were initially thinking, but we wanted a boat that would allow us to cruise and live aboard for several months at a time, several times a year with occasional guests. We will be primarily coastal cruising, with occasional longer passages of up to 2,000 miles. So I wanted a boat that performed well under sail (PHRF of 135 or less), yet was solid enough to cross oceans if we ever decided to do that. And it had to have sufficient storage for our purposes, but not the deep storage of an offshore full-time passagemaker.

We have done extensive sailing on IP40s and an Oyster 485, among other boats, and finally determined that the center cockpit with an aft suite was best for us. We also wanted a staysail sloop for sailing in rough weather. But we wanted to avoid a full keel to maximize performance, both while sailing and while manoeuvering under power in harbors especially in reverse! It was also important to minimize exterior wood because we don't want to spend our lives on brightwork.

In the end, our short list included Whitby 42, Brewer 12.8, etc. Our budget was under $150k. When we saw this Landfall 43 in Ft. Lauderdale that had been thoroughly refit in 2000, we knew this was our boat.

Keep us posted on what you decide, and we'd love to hear from other Landfall 43 owners!

Steve
sdcornwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 07:19   #4

Boat: 43 C&C Landfall "Rockstar"
Hi Steve - congrats on your new boat - we bought a East Coast C&C Landfall last year "Rockstar" and had it shipped to Vancouver BC. We LOVE it! Great solid boat, lotsf room, sails great.

amber
rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:49   #5

Boat: Seidelmann 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar
Hi Steve - congrats on your new boat - we bought a East Coast C&C Landfall last year "Rockstar" and had it shipped to Vancouver BC. We LOVE it! Great solid boat, lotsf room, sails great.

amber
sorry to hijack this quote, but I have to ask rockstar. where are you at in Vancouver. I went to UBC for college, and Brentwood college for highschool.

spent my summers out at gibsons landing/madeira park.

fenceguy
fenceguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18   #6

Boat: Still Looking

Looking for a C&C Landfall 48'
3 years on an aircraft carrier might have skewed my view some what, but every time I look at an add for a C&C Landfall 48 I get goose bumps. (Used to have a 45’ Maple Leaf) I really like what I see of this C&C but I don’t know a first hand thing about it! I am looking for a good sailing cruiser and live aboard to circumnavigate with in 2 years. Can anyone with hands on or close knowledge about one share some of that with me? It would be invaluable and greatly appreciated as I understand they are somewhat of a rare bird, I mean boat.
Steve Merrill
stevem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 04:17   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
C&C Landfall 48 Brochure:
C&C 48 Foot Landfall
C&C 48 Foot Landfall
C&C 48 Foot Landfall
C&C 48 Foot Landfall

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 12:53   #8

Boat: Still Looking
Thanks!!! Got all the printed stuff out there for the 48, now looking for that hands on experiance from those that know the boat, good and bad, before I make the leep. Looking at a 47' Gulfstar Sailmaster as well for $ 1/3 less. And thanks!!! Steve
stevem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:00   #9

Boat: deboated
old thread but could anyone tell me engine access on 43 as 38 landfall was terrible
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16   #10

Engine access on C&C Landfall 43

Engine access on the LF 43 is excellent. There are large access panels under the forward and aft companionway stairs plus double side-opening doors on the starboard-side walk-through to the aft cabin. There is enough room above the engine that our 4.3kw generator and hot water tank are mounted on a shelf there.

Steve
"Mystique" (currently in George Town, Exuma)
Old 01-02-2009, 13:36   #11

Boat: deboated
Thanks Steve have you added fuel tankage over original and have you had any real headache problems with the boat
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 14:05   #12

C&C Landfall 43 tankage, issues

There is one 60 gal diesel tank under the aft berth and we have had no problems with it. Our Westerbeke 58 cruises on approximately .9 gal/hour at 2250 rpm doing 7+ kts in smooth water. It has about 3900 hrs on it and runs like a top.

When we bought the boat about the only major modification we felt we had to make after the survey was to install new chainplates as there were a few small cracks in some. We also changed from rod to wire rigging at that time just because the rods were so old, not because they showed any signs of wear.

This is one solid boat! We've motored into current-against-wind waves that threw blue water over the bow back to the dodger, and sailed in some pretty rough stuff. The boat does not pound like other boats we've been on, but slices through the waves. She is very comfortable and seaworthy, and we feel very safe out on the ocean.

We're extremely pleased with the boat after almost 2 years of cruising - first from Ft. Lauderdale up the ICW to N. Carolina, then back to FL and to the Abacos, then back to FL and to the Exumas. No real problems besides the usual impellers and pumps you find on any boat.

Feel free to contact me offline if you'd like to know more. I have no qualms about recommending this fine boat!
Old 31-05-2011, 10:01   #13

Boat: C&C33-1
Re: Any C&C owners out there?

Hello to all,

This is an old thread, but I found it with Google, whereas a search for "C&C" (in various forms) using the Cruisers Forum search function strangely turned up no results, so I don't know of any more recent threads on the topic of C&C yachts.
My question is about the C&C Photoalbum and Resource Centre mentioned above. I have referred to it in the past with no difficulty, but when I try the url now, I get the following reply "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /groups/listers/listers.htm on this server."
Does anyone know if the location has changed, or if the site now requires some kind of registration?

Thanks.

P.S. I just registered in the Cruisers Forum, have browsed it a bit and I can see that I am going to lose far too many hours on it. . .
Alexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 11:57   #14

Boat: 1985 C&C 38 Landfall

That site works for me, I'm on it everyday.
pmarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 03:15   #15
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Alexx.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c&c