Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2011, 15:19   #1

Boat: Fuji 45'
Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
Aleutian 51 ?

Found a boat I was thinking of looking at and my web searches are providing little information. I was wondering if anyone had any input. It's an Aleutian 51', Stan Huntingford designed and built in Chung Hwa Shipyard in Taiwan. Other than the posts here re: other Huntingford designs, I was wondering if anyone knew the boats, or could give me any information, pros/cons, sailing ability, cored or solid hull, anything.

Thanks! Hilary
Old 06-01-2012, 20:55   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Aleutian 51 ?

Hi,
We have just found your post and wondered how you proceeded. We have an Aleutian 51', but she was launched in 1980 and therefore built in Canada.

She is a Airex cored hull and in fantastic condition, she is for sale, located in NSW Australia.

Would be interested to know about the boat you were looking at, and if you want any further information, please let us know. Our boat "Pyewacket II" is listed in Yachthub and Yacht and Boat, two internet websites for selling boats in Australia.

Jackie and Noel
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 16:01   #3

Boat: Fuji 45'
Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
We looked at the boat, it was rough and just not at all suited for our needs. The draft is 8 ft, limits any Carribean sailing plans. In Florida it seems best to stick with a more shallow draft. Even 6' is deep here. But I love looking...learn something new with every boat I see!
Old 22-01-2012, 16:48   #4
Marine Service Provider

Re: Aleutian 51 ?

Hi,
Best of luck. Understand about the draft, Pyewacket II met all our wants/desires, except the draft, which is 7ft. However, we figured we were doing oceans so that was fine and ended up being great infact. But understand your wants with shallower draft.
Good luck with your search, you are so right, you learn something all the time. We looked for 2 years before we came over to the States (on internet) and when we got there we were dismayed with the quality of much of what we saw. We 'fell' across Pyewacket, she wasn't advertised at the time!
If you go to YouTube and search Sailing Vessel Pyewacket II you can see a video of her - like a remote viewing. Just for your interest if you like.
I wish you well and would love to know what you find/end up with.
Regards
Jackie
PS can I have the link/info for the boat you looked at, we are always trying to find other people with Aleutians/ and/or more info. tks.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote