Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 08-03-2012, 00:19   #16

Re: Alberg 35

Here is some more info on the A35. Pearson Alberg 35
Wonder why Alberg went with a deck stepped mast? I wonder if the Ericson/Alberg 35 is deck stepped as well.

Old 11-03-2012, 19:13   #17

Boat: Alberg 35

I have a 1962 Alberg 35 that has always been named Andiamo.

Great boat, very nice to sail and very pretty.

I wouldn't worry too much about deck core. It is something you can fix relatively easily and in the meantime it isn't going anywhere. Either top or bottom skin of glass is MUCH thicker than any glass in a modern boat.

Can any of you with Albergs tell me where you found the hull number? I have searched all over my boat looking for any clues and have found none.

There are no bronze plates or ID plates anywhere on her. Just her documentation numbers and the info provided on her paperwork.

I am on the southern chesapeake and would happily take anyone who wants to sail an A35 sailing on her.

Haven't spent too much time at anchor in anything other than pond smooth chesapeake anchorages, but she doesn't roll. If she does roll she damps out fast.

She has a smooth easy motion while sailing, but does get over to 15-20 degrees and then stays there.

Takes bit of muscle to steer but not overwhelming. Following seas can be a handful, but if you take the time to adjust and balance the sails she is great.

Living space for 2? I don't see why not. We gunkholed with the kids with 5 aboard....snug!!!

2 would seem great...now if I can just get these kids gone.

Ric

Old 11-03-2012, 19:58   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36

A quick hello to all the Aberg 35 owners or wish to be owners. There is a beautiful Alberg 35 in Marsh Harbor Marina, Bahamas, for sale. It is a nice boat with lots of new gear. See the post here in CF under "For sale"
This is a very nice boat that needs a home. $6000. is asking. Thousands more spent recently. The folks at the marina are handling this and I just want to see a nice boat get a home. Duty paid, uncoplicated sale. Save a classic, keep it in the bahamas or take it anywhere. PM me for more info.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
S/V Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 20:19   #19

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Did a short delivery of one a few years ago. Weather got a bit sporty. Great little boat, she handled it just fine.
Old 11-03-2012, 22:44   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Trns View Post
I have a 1962 Alberg 35 that has always been named Andiamo.

Can any of you with Albergs tell me where you found the hull number? I have searched all over my boat looking for any clues and have found none.

There are no bronze plates or ID plates anywhere on her. Just her documentation numbers and the info provided on her paperwork.

Ric
I think it ought to be imprinted into the stern the starboard side.
Old 11-03-2012, 22:59   #21

Imprinting hull numbers into the starboard side of the stern didnt become law until the early or mid 70s. The Albergs from the 60s might have a data plate, but not numbers molded into the hull. Does someone know what year that law came into affect.____Grant.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:06   #22

Just had a second thought. I have been asking about Atomic 4 replacements on another thread, and since Alberg 35s are on my list of very desirable boats. where is the engine located, and is there enough room to replace an A4 with a taller diesel?____Grant.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah on 'Rita T' View Post
I think it ought to be imprinted into the stern the starboard side.
Not in 1962....

Hull Identification Numbers were required in the USCG in Nov of 1972. Later they added a requirement for a hidden HIN in 1984.

I have heard stories of them being written in pencil on the backsides of cabinetry, drawers, etc on the older Albergs.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:24   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordan View Post
Just had a second thought. I have been asking about Atomic 4 replacements on another thread, and since Alberg 35s are on my list of very desirable boats. where is the engine located, and is there enough room to replace an A4 with a taller diesel?____Grant.
Mine has a Universal M35A. It has plenty of headroom as it is under the companionway steps and countertop. Guessing an additional 4 or 5 inches.

It is longer though and previous owners fabricated an extension that comes out a few more inches to accomodate the front mounted water pump and belt systems on the M35A. This space was behind the companionway ladder so not really an issue.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
My A35 had a Yanmar 3GM installed. It was mounted hard to the rails,i.e. no soft motor mounts, so that it would fit. Worked fine for the 15 years I owned it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59   #26

Sic Semper Trns, and Paul L, Thank you for the info. I have always admired the Albergs, and as soon as I get unburied from Calif. real estate they are one of the boats that I will be looking for. Hopefully equipped with a diesel already._____Grant.
Old 25-03-2012, 14:45   #27

just joined this forum and of course found the A35 set..Have had my '64 Alberg 15 years..and all is true as mentioned here..especially deck core rot...but not a bad fix with a synthetic fill...somebody mentioned the hull number...and yes, I did find it pencilled under a drawer..I live aboard and have travelled quite a bit aboard "Tall Tales"...wonderful boat...Somebody mentioned repositioning the chain plates outside..that is a good idea..the interior wooden bulkheads where they are now will rot in time after leaking...Believe I'll try that next time I'm motiviated..sr
Old 25-03-2012, 14:49   #28

incidentally, was repowered with a Westerbeke 30B..dropped right in...(need to keep the oil pan out of the bilge though...it doesn't take long.......)
Old 04-04-2012, 16:50   #29

ALBERG ALERT! There is a Pearson 35 (1964) on Hawaii Craigs List. From the photo, I am pretty sure it is a Pearson Alberg 35. Might be of interest to some of the Alberg enthusiasts._____Grant.
Old 04-04-2012, 21:51   #30

Quote:
ALBERG ALERT! There is a Pearson 35 (1964) on Hawaii Craigs List. From the photo, I am pretty sure it is a Pearson Alberg 35. Might be of interest to some of the Alberg enthusiasts._____Grant.
There is also one advertised in Latitude 38. If memory serves, I think it's in Cabo, asking 19,500 and is a "1964 Alberg/Ericson 35". Isn't 64 early for an Ericson?

Tags
alberg, alberg 35

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: