Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:46   #91
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: A down played failed survey

Buying a boat is hard, you never will find one that fits all your wants. I ended up making a list of my wants, starting with the most important and a budget, then started trying to fill those wants as much as I could.
The list changed though, the more boats I looked at and began to evolve, it stated with boats no more than five or six years old as I did not want a project or a re-fit, I wanted a boat to learn with, which meant sailing. I already know how to fix most "stuff".
I wanted a newer boat that I could keep for a few years to learn if I really wanted to do this or not and then sell to buy the boat that we would cruise with.

I ended up with a 27 yr old boat and after keeping it for awhile, I decided it was "the" boat we would cruise with, so my whole darn plan went out the window and what I ended up with was about 180 degrees from what I started looking at.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49   #92

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42
Re: A down played failed survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Buying a boat is hard, you never will find one that fits all your wants. I ended up making a list of my wants, starting with the most important and a budget, then started trying to fill those wants as much as I could.
The list changed though, the more boats I looked at and began to evolve, it stated with boats no more than five or six years old as I did not want a project or a re-fit, I wanted a boat to learn with, which meant sailing. I already know how to fix most "stuff".
I wanted a newer boat that I could keep for a few years to learn if I really wanted to do this or not and then sell to buy the boat that we would cruise with.

I ended up with a 27 yr old boat and after keeping it for awhile, I decided it was "the" boat we would cruise with, so my whole darn plan went out the window and what I ended up with was about 180 degrees from what I started looking at.

All true but you ended up with a terrific Island Packet.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
survey