Hi sailors! I love this forum and all the great combined wisdom and experience that's here. I hope you have a moment to help us.
Me and my girlfriend are looking for a boat. As you know, it's a jungle out there. I'm hoping that by giving you some of our requirements and thoughts and you'll be able to recommend some brands and boat models.
We're planning for a cruising lifestyle.
range: Around $35 000 or max $175 000
The big choice is whether to get a boat in the lower range (to cruise
Scandinavia, western Europe
and the Mediterranian) or go straight for the bigger boat which should be able to take us anywhere in the world.(except polar regions which we're not interested in)
- center cockpit
OR a good aft owner's cabin
in an aft cockpit
- Few beds and few toilettes (it's for us, not for chartering)
- Easily crewed by 1-2 people. (We both have certificate to sail 38+ feet boats)
- Smaller boat: good coastal live aboard. Bigger boat: good world cruiser.
- no fix-her-up project
- we'd rather have a boat tjat's somewhat modern compared to a 80's boat. Thinking primarily about electronics
- Of course want the boat to be as fully equipped as possible with gear
, dingy etc but don't need to write specifics here.
- We're primarily thinking about monohulls, mainly because the budget
doesn't seem to allow for a cruising catamaran
the smaller boat 2017 and sailing it in sweden(our home), Scandinavia, western Europe
and the Mediterranian in 2017-2018/19.
the bigger boat and live aboard and cruise
around the world. Either right away in 2017 or after the trials with the smaller boat.
So considering all this, if you have any recommendations for the small or big boat we'd really appreciate it. We are yachtworld junkies like everyone else but recommendations are worth a lot.
Sent from my iPad
using Cruisers Sailing Forum