Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 18:55   #1

42 passage or 430

I am trying to decide between the Hunter 42 Passage and a 430. They both have differences that I like about them. I understand that one is a Center Cockpit and the other is an aft cockpit. (now that that's out of the way), what are other differences? They appear to be much the same as far as length, displacement, and other exterior physicals, but does one sail differently/better/worse than the other? I am a live aboard but on a smaller boat. How much "functional" storage do these boats have and does one have more, or better use of, than the other? I cannot even put all of my clothes away on my current boat (and I don't have a lot of clothes), and by functional I mean not buried in a hold which is a problem I have on my current. I have not done much cruising at all which is why I am asking. This is my "retirement plan". sailing to warmer weather. I am looking for experienced help as some things I like on each boat and some things I don't so I am a little confused. Thanks
Mike101697 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter, passage