Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2013, 08:09   #1

1970 Seafarer 26 ?

This is addressed to BLackOak as I understand he is quite knowledgeable about the Seafarer sailboat history: All else are certainly welcome to chime in. Having a hard time identifying this particular model and am finding it hard to find any information on the runs between 1966 and 1974. Because I am new to the forum I was unable to send a PM, so I figured I would open it up to the group.

howdy Capt!

I understand that you might be the person to talk to about the Seafarer sailboat. I know little about them. I have owned a Sabre 28' Mk1 and a 27' Albin Vega. I may be back in the market and found this little beauty online, but can find no information on this 26' at all. I did find that Seafarer manufactured three kinds of 25's, The Bermuda, Mackinak and the Vineyard..but can find no info on any of these as well. The owner swears she is a 26'er but she has two portholes forward...the other 26's that I have found only have the one?!?!

This is the link to the vessel:

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/cgi-bin/saildata/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&view_records=1&ID=34 825&mh=1

Any ideas?
Thanks so much
Chris
Grambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 17:55   #2

Boat: Panda/Baba 40
Re: 1970 Seafarer 26 ?

Looks like a Meridian 25.

MERIDIAN 25 (SEAFARER) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

There's one at my marina. Seems nice enough, pretty lines. Funny... that owner calls it a 26' also. Looks more like a 24'er.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 17:59   #3

Re: 1970 Seafarer 26 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherT34C View Post
Looks like a Meridian 25.

MERIDIAN 25 (SEAFARER) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

There's one at my marina. Seems nice enough, pretty lines. Funny... that owner calls it a 26' also. Looks more like a 24'er.
I thought the same thing. Looks like the 25 to me. Looking at the Pearson 26' as well as a little Coronado . Funny...went from a 36' to a 28' to a 27' and now looking at a 25'
Grambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 11:16   #4
Kee

The Meridian 25 only has one portlight per side of the forward cabin. I think there was a stretch version called the Bermudan that had 2, and I think that's what is pictured. Unlike the earlier Meridians, which were built in the Netherlands, these were US built. Some say the build quality suffered, but I have no personal experience.
Kee is offline   Reply With Quote