Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 13:09   #1
cruiser

1963 allied seawind 30

Allied Sea Wind 30' Gallery - Ref: 1842 - YachtWorld.com Mobile So supposedly the only major issues are the rudder block and maybe some delamination near the windlass. It's an early 60's boat so the hull should be really thick right? I guess I'm wondering if at this price
I'm going to need to put 10 k or more just to get it safe for floating in a pond? Idk what I'm doing here any help is appreciated. Thanks
DeftxM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 14:52   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: 1963 allied seawind 30

I don't want to discourage you from looking at boats but as far as asking forum members their opinion on value it just can't help. We haven't seen those boats and everything is dependent on condition and care. Allied enjoys a good reputation and I sailed on a 30 many years ago. They are very seaworthy but again it depends on condition as to the value. It is only worth what you are willing to pay. It will be worth less or more depending on who you talk to.
The photos show a newer engine which is a plus. I couldn't find a description of the boat or its condition. Delamination or soft spots can mean thousands of dollars in repairs unless you're doing it yourself and that's not an easy fix. New sails would be $5K. New electronics could be $5K depending on what you want. New wire rigging and running rigging could be $5K or more depending on whether chainplates need to be repaired or replaced.
Good luck in finding your perfect boat fit. It's hard to do but you'll find the one you'll fall in love with.
Old 12-07-2014, 18:47   #3
cruiser

Boat: Slocum 37
Re: 1963 allied seawind 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMetal View Post
Allied Sea Wind 30' Gallery - Ref: 1842 - YachtWorld.com Mobile So supposedly the only major issues are the rudder block and maybe some delamination near the windlass. It's an early 60's boat so the hull should be really thick right? I guess I'm wondering if at this price
I'm going to need to put 10 k or more just to get it safe for floating in a pond? Idk what I'm doing here any help is appreciated. Thanks
Stick with the MKll. You will put more money into this one than what it will be worth. I know, I've been there.

Put in a low ball offer and see where it goes...

BZT
BZT54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allied, Seawind, wind