Old 14-05-2018, 06:46   #1066
Marine service provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Re: Northwest Passage - 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
He spent 11 years in prison.

Please prove the source that was used for the "facts" used in the graph.

In the meantime from real scientists

https://astronomynow.com/2015/08/08/...-solar-trends/
it appears that they have pulled a mann. Adjust the data to match your meme and blame it on previous scientific error.
And yes I read the article.
https://youtu.be/_wB46mgJrzI
This is from an actual astrophysicist that has no connection to government grants to prove men did it.

Old 14-05-2018, 07:41   #1067
Marine service provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Please prove the source that was used for the "facts" used in the graph.

In the meantime from real scientists

https://astronomynow.com/2015/08/08/...-solar-trends/
Greenland ice core data .
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/06/...eady-occurred/
Even if you don't like the source I posted you have to respect or at least look at the data.

Old 14-05-2018, 08:39   #1068

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Even if you don't like the source I posted you have to respect or at least look at the data.
Very interesting data & info, and you'd think it would instigate a reasoned rebuttal. But it won't, other than perhaps an attack on the "denialist" website from which it came. I found these few sentences particularly relevant to the ongoing thread discussions:

"But all current Climate Change discussion and propaganda only concentrate on short term temperature variations, often with emphasis on minor short term temperature increases. These always try to emphasise ever increasing global temperatures. But they are often measured in virtually undetectable one hundredths of a degree Centigrade.

The predictions of Catastrophic Global Warming by alarmists should be set in the context of the temperature picture of the current Holocene interglacial."

We never hear about the long-term picture, only small increments of a degree above 30-year averages, or oblique references to what is above "normal." Nobody even wants to address how we can rely on changes that are within universally accepted margins of error. But yet the doomsday articles keep coming . . . .
Exile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:23   #1069
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Richard Alley, who is responsible for the Greenland Ice Cores, on the misuse of his data.

Quote:
So, using GISP2 data to argue against global warming is, well, stupid, or misguided, or misled, or something, but surely not scientifically sensible. And, using GISP2 data within the larger picture of climate science demonstrates that our scientific understanding is good, supports our expectation of global warming, but raises the small-chance-of-big-problem issue that in turn influences the discussion of optimal human response.
jackdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:40   #1070
Marine service provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Very interesting data & info, and you'd think it would instigate a reasoned rebuttal. But it won't, other than perhaps an attack on the "denialist" website from which it came. I found these few sentences particularly relevant to the ongoing thread discussions:

"But all current Climate Change discussion and propaganda only concentrate on short term temperature variations, often with emphasis on minor short term temperature increases. These always try to emphasise ever increasing global temperatures. But they are often measured in virtually undetectable one hundredths of a degree Centigrade.

The predictions of Catastrophic Global Warming by alarmists should be set in the context of the temperature picture of the current Holocene interglacial."

We never hear about the long-term picture, only small increments of a degree above 30-year averages, or oblique references to what is above "normal." Nobody even wants to address how we can rely on changes that are within universally accepted margins of error. But yet the doomsday articles keep coming . . . .
you mean less than the temperature difference between the observation deck and the ground at the Eiffel tower on any given day. Also you nailed it .
Old 14-05-2018, 11:46   #1071
Marine service provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Richard Alley, who is responsible for the Greenland Ice Cores, on the misuse of his data.
you couldn't resist attacking the website the data was posted on could ya.
Open your mind a bit.
Btw the data is also represented in various borehole across the planet and the temperature datum from the vostok ice cores as well .
Old 14-05-2018, 13:32   #1072
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
you couldn't resist attacking the website the data was posted on could ya.
Open your mind a bit.
Btw the data is also represented in various borehole across the planet and the temperature datum from the vostok ice cores as well .
I did not attack the web site. I simply indicated that keeper if the data is fed up with misrepresentations of his data.

Maybe you should become agnostic about your little Cult of Ra.
Old 14-05-2018, 13:35   #1073
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
it appears that they have pulled a mann. Adjust the data to match your meme and blame it on previous scientific error.
This is from an actual astrophysicist that has no connection to government grants to prove men did it.
Since the Maunder Minimum occurred AFTER the start of the Little Ice age, it could not have be a cause.
Old 14-05-2018, 13:57   #1074
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I will see your Valentina Zharkova and raise you a Michael Lockwood

https://youtu.be/87bVdhNklXQ
Old 14-05-2018, 16:58   #1075

Quote:
Seems kinda steep for manipulating climate data. Oh but wait! It was for something entirely unrelated, right?! Silly me . . . .
Old 14-05-2018, 17:15   #1076

Quote:
...But I'm not reading anything about the type of long-term natural cooling trend you are consistently putting out there. Only that all of these various natural forces combined amount to slight or neutral effects. Where is your source that supports a natural cooling trend absent AGW??
Quote:
...Speaking of which, neither of your linked sources support your oft-repeated assertion that, absent AGW, we should be in a cooling period now. Then again, maybe this accounts for why the past century or so has seen Arctic sea ice at an all-time seasonal high since the time of the Little Ice Age. I'm not discounting the high rate of more recent seasonal retreats, only suggesting it should be viewed in a longer-term context. At least that's how actual scientists apparently view it.
It is interesting that your favorite denier website agrees that we should be in a cooling phase.

Quote:
Quote:
So based on this pattern of radical climate change our current benign Holocene interglacial could well be drawing towards its close.
Quote:
Looked at from the point of view of the most recent 3 millennia which have experienced accelerated cooling, a continued natural climate change towards a colder climate is now more, rather than less, likely.
SailOar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 17:18   #1077
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Seems kinda steep for manipulating climate data. Oh but wait! It was for something entirely unrelated, right?! Silly me . . . .
I tend to get my climate science from climate scientists, not university dropouts who are convicted felons. I also see my doctor for medical advise.
Old 14-05-2018, 17:55   #1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
It is interesting that your favorite denier website agrees that we should be in a cooling phase.
Read it again. I promise not to tell any of your friends you've visited the dark side.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the article was talking about (a) the current, relatively benign Holocene period potentially coming to a close, (b) discussing 10,000 year trends, and (c) discussing the possibility of entering a cooling phase sometime in the future. Where does it say we should be in a cooling phase now?

Btw, I don't have any opinion on whether we are in a cooling or warming phase because I'm hardly qualified to render such an opinion. My only point to Jack was that there are experts in the field who have differing opinions on this issue. The only credible way to debate such an issue would be to point out both sides and argue why your opinion is more plausible. Ignoring an opposing argument in a debate only lessens credibility.
Old 14-05-2018, 17:59   #1079

Quote:
I tend to get my climate science from climate scientists, not university dropouts who are convicted felons. I also see my doctor for medical advise.
You're almost there, and it certainly has more potential than attacking someone's religious beliefs. But as Newhaul pointed out, you still need to make the connection to the data. Besides, you appear only to get your climate science from scientists and others who agree with your opinion.
Old 14-05-2018, 18:13   #1080
Marine service provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
university dropout or not he got it right and his felony has nothing to do with his research.

Tags
passage