Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2015, 12:53   #511

Boat: Morgan Classic 33
Re: Global Warming Opens Up Antarctic Waterways

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post
Comparison of the NYT graph and the Danish graph shows that the 2015 line has been lowered by whoever fed NYT the story in order to make it more scary. Michael Mann did the same thing.

Remember - warmistas use FAKE DATA
This is the graph from the NYT article. I don't know why the numbers didn't copy but they're right at 14 million.

This is the graph from the NSDIC which shows virtually the same thing. (which is not surprising, since the NYT got the data from the NSIDC and credits them in their story.)

And again from the Danish ice site, which you seem to regards as 'more' authentic:

The total sea ice extent can differ slightly from other sea ice extent estimates. Possible differences between this sea ice extent estimate and others are most likely caused by differences in algorithms and definitions. Some time in 2013 sea ice climatology and anomaly data will become available here.

Or the NSIDC and the NYT could be in cahoots to scare the gullible sheeple and provide themselves with job security and fat paychecks....
Old 25-03-2015, 12:55   #512

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
funny that right wingers seem to deny climate change, and also love guns ............
Well, it's sad that some folks can't understand that there are a lot of people whose beliefs are somewhere between left and right wing. One doesn't have to be one or the other.
Old 25-03-2015, 13:14   #513

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post

We just heard that the Sun isn't as important to the Earths Temperature as man Made CO2.....

Folks....if you believe that pay your Stupid Tax, buy a Coal Powered electric Car, and buy your Lottery Ticket....

That's classic.
....... I just assumed it was a misprint from Jackman?
Old 25-03-2015, 13:18   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
According to the meter on my solar panel invertor which provides electrical power for 60% of our household and business needs, we've saved 56,000 tons of CO2 from being released over the past eight years. What a load of BS. The one thing the manuals for the 46 panel system never stated, was how many tons of CO2 where required to make the damn thing. I guess that would be an "inconvenient truth."

BTW: Do you have a household or business solar array or wind electric generator? Or, are you one of those folks who just likes to preach the gospel to others.
.....and how many tons of CO2 to remake them in a few years. This is where the term renewable comes from? They have to be renewed every 20 years or so.....
Old 25-03-2015, 13:25   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Let me start by saying that I've been a hippy chic, who rode a bicycle to work for 17 years out of the last 30 odd years. I and my dad were early adopters of solar hot water. Most of my power comes from solar and I don't own a car. I am also a AGW skeptic.

The sunlight hitting the earth in one hour has more energy in it that the total world energy production from all sources in a year. Co2 emissions are highest over the amazon rain forest and Africa.

The maps showing it warmer now are correct. but then it was warmer in 1960 by about a degree F from 1860, when the earth started warming out of the LIA. (1300-1850) It's been warming since then.

But solar output has fallen since late 90's. Even though co2 is above 400PPM, temperate has not risen at the rates, the models indicated that it would due to CO2 forcing.

The models are just that, models, they generally don't include everything effecting weather / climate change. The sun IS the major source of heat. Actually it's the only exterior source of heat. Greenhouse gases actually make the earth warm enough that it's not an ice ball. without greenhouse gases, we would be dead.

Human CO2 production represents about 3.4% of world CO2 production. Most of the CO2 comes from plant and animal decay (carbon based life) as well as volcanic, etc.

Yes CO2 does effect climate change. But it is not the major driver as the IPCC would have us believe.

Yes the PDO does effect climate. Most climate models left that out.

Current weather forecasts are accurate for about 3 days. These forcasts are also based on weather models yet they are good for all of 3 days most of the time. Yet we are to believe that the climate models from the IPCC are correct for the next 100 years. They have not been correct for the last 10 years.

The climate models used by the IPCC from 1996 onward, have done amazingly poor when compared to actual recorded temperatures. They continue to overestimate the temperature rise.

Myself, I am a skeptic, not a denier. I am currently only mildly concerned with global warming. I am slightly more concerned with global cooling. But I'm weird that way.
........sorry sailorchick34. You have no place in this thread. Commonsense is not welcome.
Old 25-03-2015, 13:30   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
When I was a kid you could buy an ice cream cone for 5 cents. You could eat this ice cream outside all the way down to the cone.

50 years later and $5, and I can't keep up with the rate the sun melts my ice cream.

Irrefutable proof of global warming.
QUICK!!! Get this peer reviewed and lodged in time for the next IPPC State of the World Report.
I'll help. I'll get and ice cream in the morning........
Old 25-03-2015, 13:36   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Not to be pedantic, but not all Icecreams are alike. Last week at some fancy cultural event I purchased an ice cream with five different fruits in it. Real fruit too, none of that flavour enhancer chemicals. And not a single drop dripped. Though, I ate it pretty quick, which just goes to show 'velocity' does come into doplers.

doh! That was another thread.
I recently read a Peer Revied paper on the correlation between the rise in CO2 in the atmosphere, the velocity of ice cream melting calculated by the Doppler effect ( without calculating a position) and the relentless rise in the USA postage stamp. The models agree.......
Obviouls Gloab Warming is a conspiracy that involves the U.S. Postal Service,
Old 25-03-2015, 13:42   #518

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
And, people think the gun threads are funny.

it's like that isn't it. I get up every morning to have a good read and a laugh. I love the passion though.
Old 25-03-2015, 13:42   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post

As for Britain, it also invented the modern welfare state and the NHS...
Yep. And how's that workin' out?
Old 25-03-2015, 13:58   #520

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Rather than looking at the anomaly at one point - the maximum extent, it is perhaps more relevant to consider how the anomaly is trending.

Looks like it's been pretty flat for the last 10 years. Kind of puts the "lowest evah" into perspective.

Then of course, there is the other end:

Old 25-03-2015, 13:58   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
More on the cold fusion. Below are a couple excerpts from a John Cramer article written 6 weeks after the Pons and Fleischmann (P&F) announcement (again my bold.)

"What might be called the "P&F Credibility Coefficient" has gone through wild swings recently. In the past week it (and the stock market) moved in the downward direction. It reached soaring heights of enthusiasm when European laboratories (Hungary, Moscow, Frascati) reported confirmations and other U.S. laboratories (Brigham Young, Brookhaven, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, and Stanford) made announcements including some staged press conference spectaculars to announce preliminary evidence in support of the effect. There have been plummets into the depths of depression as some of these confirming results were discretely retracted (by Brookhaven, Georgia Tech, and Texas A&M) and as a growing number of other laboratories revealed their inability to confirm the Utah results. "

Further on in the article.

"Curiously, the F&P controversy has also revealed some fundamental differences in attitude between the community of chemists and of physicists. Physicists, finding the production of fusion energy without radiation too hard to swallow, demanded more information and tended to blame the excess energy on bad measurements and chemical effects (like catalysis of evolved deuterium). Chemists, perhaps placing more trust in the reputations of F&P, tended to scold the physicists for not taking chemical results seriously and revelled in the vision of a tabletop experiment done in a dishpan by two obscure electrochemists that achieved what billions of dollars and decades of research by an army of physicists working on magnetic confinement fusion and plasma physics had not."

Alternate View Column AV-36

In summary, the cold fusion mess was more defined and easier to sort out. The AGW debate not so much. I believe it will take more years than my lifetime to acquire the data and understanding to put the debate to bed.

As we stand now many non-scientists along with a camp of scientists have turned AGW into religion. In fact, the above insight into the cold fusion debacle shortly after the P&F announcement show many of the same features as the AGW science.

The priority for these large laboratories is funding. Without the funding they don't exist and there is no more science for them. The funding pressure is massive.
.....Julia Gillard PM, a few years ago, told me the science is settled. Someone is jerking me around.
Old 25-03-2015, 14:00   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Subduction causes the land to subside as it slips under tectonic plates. It doesn't push the ocean up. Basically what happens is the ocean floor is fed back into the Earth's mantle. Sooner or later it drags fringing islands down with it. Interesting fact. The floors of the oceans are no older than 200 million years. In the Eastern Pacific they're even younger at a maximum 120 million years. Just shows how active a process subduction is.

Other processes causing sinking islands are natural processes and over extraction from fresh water aquifers. There are also anthropogenic reasons for sinking islands, but they're not related to climate change.

Islands sinking due to raising sea levels is a warmista fantasy. No island in the world is, at least yet, sinking as a result of sea level rise or increased storm activity. Have a think about it. This would be the ultimate "smoking gun" pro-AGW is wishing for. The best "your mob" can do is try and convince the masses that sea level rise is the major cause. Which it isn't.

And stop asking me how old the world is. Accusing me of being a Creationist is far more insulting and disrespectful to Creationists then it will ever be to me. If you really want to know go Google it. You may stumble across some other surprising facts that'll expand your universe while you're at it.
Seriously, your suggesting that due to 'Subduction', the islands are sinking and not that the water is rising?

'Our mob', is not suggesting the islands are 'sinking' at all, rather there being inundated by rising water.

I was not 'accusing' you of being a creationist. I was asking you to see if you were as you use the same logic in your discussions/arguments as creationists do. Even down to the idea that 'subduction' happens over just a decade and even less, which is what creationists believe. And the interesting thing about many creationists is that they 'in the church' are some of the denier's biggest supporters. Because mankind influence of climate change doesn't fit with their dogmatic views of eschatology.

But peace dude,
Old 25-03-2015, 14:06   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgeoff View Post
I recently read a Peer Revied paper on the correlation between the rise in CO2 in the atmosphere, the velocity of ice cream melting calculated by the Doppler effect ( without calculating a position) and the relentless rise in the USA postage stamp. The models agree.......
Obviouls Gloab Warming is a conspiracy that involves the U.S. Postal Service,
yeah that would explain it. The cost of me buying any boat items (back on thread ) in the US is cost prohibited due to the service. Someone is making big bucks and it's not me.
Old 25-03-2015, 14:47   #524
CLOD

Boat: none

Are all of you seriously reading all these graphs?? It seems some of you must have large files of these saved waiting.

BTW - if you're not powering your computer with solar or wind to stay on this thread you are part of the problem
Old 25-03-2015, 15:13   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
In Australia the Greens (members of the Greens political party) are known as water melons - green on the outside, red on the inside?
....and have you noticed they have this collective strange appearance, talk in a common strange manner. Their eyes are definitely just that little close together. The Alfred E Neumann look.......

Tags
arc, water