Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Polar Regions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2015, 05:58   #1471

Boat: Little Harbor 58
Re: Global Warming Opens Up Antarctic Waterways

Here's my view:

I think the evidence is concrete that MMGW exists. People living in concentrated heat sinks of concrete supercharged with 98.6 degree people living in high rise condos. I can see how the numbers can be skewed by taking measurements in an area where heat of the sun is asorbed by concrete and retained for several hours into the night. I have noticed myself that it is cooler in the evening after the sun goes down and most of the MMGW energy is asleep and not burning calories, and expelling less CO2. It is settled science that plants thru the process of photosynthesis. Plants transform the energy of the sun and CO2 into oxygen and food. Therefore, we need more plants to right the scale of "globull warming" (I liked that one). We can do this by regulating everyone to drive pickup trucks full of dirt and plants of your free choice. Fines could be imposed on people who don't have pickup trucks, or who prefer to park them in covered garages. Ivy can be grown on buildings and gardens planted on roof tops. Another by product would be feeding the poor. You could just toss out the fruits of your cooperation to the needy as you drive by. Club cab pickups with short beds will of course have a special license upcharge unless pulling a trailer of plants.

I couldn't find an article to cut and paste supporting the concrete problem, but I think the solution is reasonable. By the way: Cruisers will have to participate by growing plants to on the stern of their boats.
Old 22-04-2015, 06:04   #1472
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
You can when they provide zip comment. There's been instances where the paster was shown to not even had read their own links.

Anyway, enlighten us with your views on this issue.

Sent from my SGP521 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
They only have provided zip comment, in your mind, when you either haven't read them or disagree with their content. A lot you've chosen to dismiss out of hand because they're a 'copy and paste' when they've directly addressed a point you've made. Kinda convenient....

I'm clearly in the man made climate change needs addressing camp. If I thought there'd be any point making any arguments with you, I would. But I've read this whole thread and agree with the many that believe you're a troll, just here for the arguing and sh1ts and giggles.

I just couldn't let it pass about deriding someone's argument because they've copied and pasted into the forum. One of the more ignorant things I've ever heard, a real playground 'argument'. Pasting research in is bad.... crikey. And then you've gone and done the same thing and try and excuse it. It's too easy to point out your hypocrisy on the subject.

Anyway, as you were I'm off to bed.
Old 22-04-2015, 06:06   #1473

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightPlan View Post
Here's my view:

I think the evidence is concrete that MMGW exists. People living in concentrated heat sinks of concrete supercharged with 98.6 degree people living in high rise condos. I can see how the numbers can be skewed by taking measurements in an area where heat of the sun is asorbed by concrete and retained for several hours into the night. I have noticed myself that it is cooler in the evening after the sun goes down and most of the MMGW energy is asleep and not burning calories, and expelling less CO2. It is settled science that plants thru the process of photosynthesis. Plants transform the energy of the sun and CO2 into oxygen and food. Therefore, we need more plants to right the scale of "globull warming" (I liked that one). We can do this by regulating everyone to drive pickup trucks full of dirt and plants of your free choice. Fines could be imposed on people who don't have pickup trucks, or who prefer to park them in covered garages. Ivy can be grown on buildings and gardens planted on roof tops. Another by product would be feeding the poor. You could just toss out the fruits of your cooperation to the needy as you drive by. Club cab pickups with short beds will of course have a special license upcharge unless pulling a trailer of plants.

I couldn't find an article to cut and paste supporting the concrete problem, but I think the solution is reasonable. By the way: Cruisers will have to participate by growing plants to on the stern of their boats.
Deforestation is certainly overlooked and all the talk under the sun (lol) won't solve that problem no matter how many Prius's, windmills and solar panels are sold.

Old 22-04-2015, 06:13   #1474

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
They only have provided zip comment, in your mind, when you either haven't read them or disagree with their content. A lot you've chosen to dismiss out of hand because they're a 'copy and paste' when they've directly addressed a point you've made. Kinda convenient....

I'm clearly in the man made climate change needs addressing camp. If I thought there'd be any point making any arguments with you, I would. But I've read this whole thread and agree with the many that believe you're a troll, just here for the arguing and sh1ts and giggles.

I just couldn't let it pass about deriding someone's argument because they've copied and pasted into the forum. One of the more ignorant things I've ever heard, a real playground 'argument'. Pasting research in is bad.... crikey. And then you've gone and done the same thing and try and excuse it. It's too easy to point out your hypocrisy on the subject.

Anyway, as you were I'm off to bed.
They're grown ups. 100 pages (Rustic!) and the thread hasn't been shut down because all in all even though we disagree, even make the odd jibe, the conversation stays for the most part civil. There's only been the odd few - like yourself - that feels the need to hurl insults because they have nothing better to offer.

And for the record, it's hard to debate with chronic pasters sans comments because it's akin to talking to a brick wall.

So there.

Old 22-04-2015, 06:36   #1475

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by conachair View Post
That's low altitude air temperature. Ignoring extra energy absorbed by the oceans. Which are heating up.
You must have overslept your heat transfer class sophomore year!
Old 22-04-2015, 06:38   #1476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Uh ooh.

You quoted Anthony Watts who's 25 years as a "TV meteorologist" gives him no credit at all regardless of the source of the original data so that data is inadmissible.

Prepare to be flamed to boot, heathen ;-)

I was careful there. Anthony didn't write the article!
Old 22-04-2015, 07:00   #1477

C'mon 100...

Old 22-04-2015, 07:21   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgeoff View Post
Shhhhh. I'm on track to seel Jackdale a big bridge in Sydney Harbour. I'll throw in a big tunnel for the same price.
I have sufficient brains to know enough not to buy a bridge. It seems that you are lacking in that area.

I hear Reefmagnet is looking for a bridge to fill the gap in his knowledge.
Old 22-04-2015, 09:33   #1479

Do these clips remind you of any of the posters on this thread?

Old 22-04-2015, 10:18   #1480

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I want to know which waterways are opened up now that weren't before in the Antarctic.

I also want to know from anyone who uses an engine in their boat, why they wish to burn all the fossil fuels in a few hundred years instead of over thousands of years.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:28   #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
I also want to know from anyone who uses an engine in their boat, why they wish to burn all the fossil fuels in a few hundred years instead of over thousands of years.
What are you trying to say? I am puzzled. You do know that if we stop using fossil fuels they will last forever.

So what's your point. Should each person gets one gallon per life time allocated to use as one pleases?

I'm trying for the 100th page with this.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:04   #1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
What are you trying to say? I am puzzled. You do know that if we stop using fossil fuels they will last forever.

So what's your point. Should each person gets one gallon per life time allocated to use as one pleases?

I'm trying for the 100th page with this.
you lose. twice.

First, because it isn't the magic 100

Second, because boat_alexandra's point is quite clear: why are we in such a rush to use up such a precious and finite resource?

On a slightly happier note - a small glimmer of hope for synthetic fuels from Audi

[drat. not 100. I'm betting on the prolific reefmagnet to push us over]
Old 22-04-2015, 11:12   #1483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
you lose. twice.

First, because it isn't the magic 100

Second, because boat_alexandra's point is quite clear: why are we in such a rush to use up such a precious and finite resource?

On a slightly happier note - a small glimmer of hope for synthetic fuels from Audi

[drat. not 100. I'm betting on the prolific reefmagnet to push us over]
Here we go...for 100.

Accounting for growth we have hundred(s) of years of oil, 10s of thousands of years of coal (think clean coal), 100's of thousands of years of fusion (breeders), and an infinite supply of fission. With timely R&D breakthroughs each fuel has had or will have its own time.

Let us use each in its time.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:13   #1484
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
So why does the IPCC state that H2O is the strongest GHG?

Oh it is a greenhouse gas it's just not anthropomorphic, that is man does not produce it in any measurable quantity. Without greenhouse gases, the earth would be an ice ball.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:16   #1485

Here is a drop of hope for you AGW advocates!!

Artificial Photosynthesis Advance Hailed As Major Breakthrough

Artificial Photosynthesis Advance Hailed As Major Breakthrough

This has the potential to be huge and has been a holy grail.
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, water