Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2017, 06:42   #1

Boat: 2012 Lagoon 450
Windward Islands Caribbean December thru May

This is a non paid trip just for fun. We are looking for crew to join for laid back cruising of the Windward island. The Boat is a 2012 45 lagoon cat. We cover the boat expense you cover your expense's. We are late 40's and early 50's non smokers. She's a nurse he's a home builder. The boat has all the safety equipment and play toys. We will mostly be on anchor or ball with some marina time to provision. The length of your stay can be short or long. We would be taking on crew in late December thru end of may. Lots of fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving along with exploring on land. We speak English. You would have your own cabin. Can be experienced or not at sailing. Must have a good ethic, attitude and be outgoing. We will be vlogging the trip. If this sounds like something you are interested in drop us a line.
Builder G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 09:49   #2

Location: My boat is in the Sea of Cortez but I live in Duluth Minnesota when not living aboard
Boat: Ta Chiao . Fantasia 35 . MK II
Re: Windward Islands Caribbean December thru May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builder G. View Post
This is a non paid trip just for fun. We are looking for crew to join for laid back cruising of the Windward island. The Boat is a 2012 45 lagoon cat. We cover the boat expense you cover your expense's. We are late 40's and early 50's non smokers. She's a nurse he's a home builder. The boat has all the safety equipment and play toys. We will mostly be on anchor or ball with some marina time to provision. The length of your stay can be short or long. We would be taking on crew in late December thru end of may. Lots of fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving along with exploring on land. We speak English. You would have your own cabin. Can be experienced or not at sailing. Must have a good ethic, attitude and be outgoing. We will be vlogging the trip. If this sounds like something you are interested in drop us a line.

Where online can your blogging be found?
Isle Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 13:26   #3

PM Sent
Cheers
Neil
Time2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 21:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builder G. View Post
I am interested in your offer. I am looking for a crewing opportunity for any time in Feb/March of 2018. I do not have much sailing experience, but I have been around power boats most of my life, and this last year I had a week long beginners sailing course, and then sailed a Laser sailboat the rest of the summer. I will be taking some ASA courses this winter, and then looking to crew on some trips to gain more experience and miles. If you would like to discuss more details with me, I can PM you with my contact info.
LoveTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 08:33   #5

Boat: 2004 Carolina Skiff 2180; Hobie 16, Laser, Club 420

I'm interested and in the same age bracket
btexpres85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 08:53   #6

Boat: 1985 S2 9.2C

PM sent.
daw_two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 11:00   #7

Boat: CS22

I am very interested in your offer of sailing in the Windward Islands.

My wife and I live in British Columbia and we would be available at the end of March and in early April of 2018.

I am familiar with the art of sailing, and have completed American Sailing Association courses to bareboat status.

We are presently retired. I was a teacher and my partner was a pediatric nurse.

Thank you for this opportunity, look forward to your reply,
Wishful thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 15:17   #8

I'm interested in sailing with you. We are a male female couple in our 50s. Both uscg captains. Ready to sail. Let's talk. Brian.
Btravelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 15:45   #9

Boat: HR40 Hallberg Rassy

Hi,
I'm totally interested in the Windward trip. I went down in 2016 to sail for 6 weeks with a local school but had to return early to Portland Oregon. I keep our sailboat here so getting an early start would be incredible. I am retired and so is my wife who is a Pshycologist. She will be taking art classes so I will be available during this planned period.
I have my USC Masters License 50-ton as well as Open Water SCUBA certified. I have sailed the BVI's as well as an Atlantic crossing in 2000. I also took our boat to Cabo BC in 2014 and joined the Baja Ja Ja for the second part of the trip and sailed from Oregon to San Diego. My schedule is open from December to May and I would think 4-6 weeks would be a good target but could commit for more. I'm assuming that my contgact information is available to you if not then I can provide it. I speak Spanish though expect that is not that important until one gets further south in the Windwards. I am also a non-smoker.
Looking forward to the opportunity
James
Ranidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 16:28   #10

How much would I need to have and where do I meet you if interested!?!?
IDreamOfFiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 18:26   #11

Boat: Nash 26

Pm sent. Cheers
sunshineslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:03   #12

Hi. I am a 53 yr old guy with a lot of enthusiasm. I have sailed Indian ocean Caribbean and Mediterranean sea before as a helping hand on Deck. There is a possibility that I could break away from the rat race and be free. I would know by February. If any spot is still available I would like to join you guys.
I appreciate ur response.

Thanks...mo
Moghadassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40   #13

Ahoy Builder, I am very,very interested in your upcoming voyage! I am experienced [just sold my Islander 37 that I sailed the Great Lakes],and lived and breathed ocean when I lived in the Keys from 1973–81.Most my sailing then was on a 16Hobie or windsurfer,but I did make it out on a few larger sailboats,besides numerous dive/fishing boats. I can cook fairly well I am told,keep watch,somewhat mechanical,and very easy to get along with—no anger issues,used to be called Smiley! I would love to get back to sea,and know I would be a asset to your voyage.Best regards! Bruce
bvarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 16:01   #14

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Sending pm
pdxsailordiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:44   #15

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36'

sending pm
lodos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags