Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42   #1

Boat: Allied Seawind 30
West Palm to Bahamas, Keys starting soon, NO SAILING EXP REQUIRED :)

Hello all

I'm looking for some company to join me on my 30' Allied Seawind for some casual sailing around the east coast of Florida, the Keys and Bahamas this fall/winter/spring.

I am 30, have a ton of blue water and coastal sailing experience (both professionally and recreationally) and have a 50 ton USCG captains license. I could handle the boat just fine by myself, but whats the fun in that?!

I've spend the past few years sailing her down the east coast from Rhode Island to Florida and doing some major refits. I've installed a brand new engine, new rigging, new paint inside and out, etc, etc. Shes ready to cruise! Take a look at my profile picture, thats her

You don't need any sailing experience, really. All you need a good attitude and follow some easy directions. I'll pay for all expenses boat related of course, and if you could chip in for some food on the boat that would be great. All on-shore expenses are yours.

As far as a schedule, the boat and I will be ready to go in the a couple of weeks in Stuart/West Palm. I don't have a set schedule but would like to either head down the east coast and around the Keys for awhile, or head straight over to the Bahamas as soon as a weather window opens up. You can stay as long or as short as you'd like!

Send me a PM if you're interested or have any questions! Thanks
Old 03-11-2016, 13:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: West Palm to Bahamas, Keys starting soon, NO SAILING EXP REQUIRED :)

Howdy Keddy!

Sounds fun. I have not yet sailed on a Seawind, and hope to get some time on one. I recently posted some info and photos about a Seawind in one of the threads I started here on CF: "Boats with Shallow Draft" so if you want to post some comments about your boat type in that thread, it may help others.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ke-174548.html

FYI: I will be double handing a boat down from Chesapeake to the Keys (Just south of Miami) and expect to be in the Key Largo area around November 28th or so). So, I may be available for a little sailing with you then, and would enjoy meeting you and learning about your boat.

I visited your website, and read a bit about your adventures. You have done some good sailing.

I also noticed you had a minor flood on a boat due to leaves blocking the cockpit drains. That is something mentioned in a current thread on CF. So, you are not alone in that experience. Here is that thread in case you want to share some of your experience with another CF member who also got flooded due to leaves: Flooded Boat - Help! - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

And...to help a new author:
I also saw you recently published a book on Amazon ("I Hate Shoes") and I wish you well with that. Here is a link to that for anyone reading this post who is interested in supporting Keddy, a CF Member's first book about cruising and boats.
https://www.amazon.com/Hate-Shoes-di...s+sailor+keddy
Old 03-11-2016, 14:32   #3

Hey Steady, thanks for the great info! I'll start looking at that stuff tonight. Let me know when you get south!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:41   #4

sent you PM. I am definitely interested. look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-11-2016, 14:20   #5

Boat: MacGregor 25 & Lagoon 42

I am also definitely interested! A PM has been sent! Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKeddy View Post
Hello all

I'm looking for some company to join me on my 30' Allied Seawind for some casual sailing around the east coast of Florida, the Keys and Bahamas this fall/winter/spring.

I am 30, have a ton of blue water and coastal sailing experience (both professionally and recreationally) and have a 50 ton USCG captains license. I could handle the boat just fine by myself, but whats the fun in that?!

I've spend the past few years sailing her down the east coast from Rhode Island to Florida and doing some major refits. I've installed a brand new engine, new rigging, new paint inside and out, etc, etc. Shes ready to cruise! Take a look at my profile picture, thats her

You don't need any sailing experience, really. All you need a good attitude and follow some easy directions. I'll pay for all expenses boat related of course, and if you could chip in for some food on the boat that would be great. All on-shore expenses are yours.

As far as a schedule, the boat and I will be ready to go in the a couple of weeks in Stuart/West Palm. I don't have a set schedule but would like to either head down the east coast and around the Keys for awhile, or head straight over to the Bahamas as soon as a weather window opens up. You can stay as long or as short as you'd like!

Send me a PM if you're interested or have any questions! Thanks
Hi Sailor Keddy,

I'm fairly new to sailing but not to adventures. I'm a risk taker and thrill seeker, but still very grounded and practical! I've through-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 1999 (3,400km) and also canoed for 1,000km on a 50-day trip. I have great navigation skills. I'm taking the STCW course in Ft. Lauderdale Nov. 14-18th then will be available afterwards to crew. Let me know if you are still looking for crew.

I own a seasonal tourism company in Canada and have the winters off. New to this site, so if you have any questions or if I havent filled something out, please let me know.

Cheers,
Anne Marie
Old 05-11-2016, 23:05   #7

For anyone just reading this, my plans have firmed up a bit. I will be leaving Stuart, FL sometime mid/late November and heading to Key West by mid December. If youd like to join for some of that send me a PM!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:41   #8

And will get started again from Key West in mid January, heading back up the Keys and over to the Bahamas!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:56   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to navegantesdosul

Hi Keddy;

I´m brazilian deckhand/Divemaster... I came to fort Lauderdale Boat Show and to saliing and diving; May I join in your trip?

Good winds;

Flávio Ramires
Old 10-11-2016, 08:29   #10

Boat: Tartan 3000

Hello Keddy

I also have a 30 footer, sailing summers out of Huntington NY. Thinking to sail her to Florida next fall, would like to talk to you about your sail down the coast and your Bahamas plans.

Just arrived in Delray Beach for the winter. Please advise if you are available to meet up. Will send you a pm with my cell

Regards

Larry
Old 17-11-2016, 12:47   #11

What are your plans after January? Would love to join you late February wherever. I pm you my quick Bio.

Carl

Tags
Bahamas, sail, sailing