Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 12:05   #1

Boat: 1979 Acapulco 40
west coast sailors

Hello, I am putting out an early feeler to see if there might be a couple of experienced West Coast sailors that want to add some sea miles and adventure to their CV.I have a new to me boat currently moored in the port of Brookings, Oregon.I need to get the boat home to Ventura,CA before the weather window closes in October. The boat is a 1979 Acapulco 40 in good condition, the boat has radar/GPS/AIS/EPIRB,auto pilot, a strong diesel, large fuel and water tankage, a good sail inventory and an owner with lifelong racing experience but minimal offshore passage experience.FULL DISCLOSURE: MY PLANS AND FINANCES TOOK A HIT when I was knocked down with pneumonia in early June and took almost two months to fully recover. SO I cannot afford to fly you in and home or any other large expenses but I will feed you well and pay all boat expenses.AND hopefully make some great new friends while asking for the kindness of strangers.Please feel free to say hello and share any thoughts or suggestions you may have. Cheers
Glassdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 17:26   #2

Boat: 1976 Fantasia35 Mk I
Re: west coast sailors

Do you have a timetable for leaving Brookings?
Pukakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 17:34   #3

Thanks for asking: I’m thinking about the first or second week of October. It would be sooner but I still have to make one trip up there to install electronics, new impeller’s and clean out the heat exchanger. I want to make sure there are no issues on the trip south, cheers
Old 13-08-2019, 10:38   #4

maybe interested need to know timeframe
ghtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 10:49   #5

At this point I think the timeframe will be the first or second week of October. Thanks for your reply
Old 16-08-2019, 10:31   #6

Boat: Tartan 4600, 46.1'

Potentially interested. Recently retired with time flexibility. How close are you to leaving? Are you planning to port hop down, or sail down in one or two hops?
NVSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 12:37   #7

Thanks for your inquiry, my timeline is the first or second week of October. I am not planning to Port Hop unless absolutely necessary due to horrible weather. The boat carries enough diesel that I could motor the whole way home. If the weather godscarries enough diesel that I could motor the whole way home. If the weather gods smile upon us it could be as quick as a four day trip smile upon us it could be as quick as a four day trip. I'm happy to share any and all information you might want, please feel free to send me a private message and thanks

Tags
sail, west coast