Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2016, 05:37   #1

Wanted: Sailing couple for 2017 Exumas

Looking for a like minded couple to share adventures and expenses on a bare boat charter in the Exumas. We would charter sometime in Jan-Feb 2017.

We are a solid fun loving couple in our 50s and have sailed in the Bahamas on a charter in 2014 and can't wait to return.

Please PM us a message and tell us a little bit about who you are and your sailing experiences.

Randy and Joni
Old 24-06-2016, 15:22   #2

Re: Wanted: Sailing couple for 2017 Exumas

Hi

I would be up for discussing a charter. I have some experience and always looking for more. My wife is up for adventure and might be up for coming along, but may just say go with out me, therefore maybe leaving room for another person to help share the cost.

I am thinking that depending on the size of the boat would determine the size of the group? I realize there will be a dynamics when it comes to how we would all get along, but I myself am a pretty happy guy.

Itinerary and provisions is according to diets and time constraints along with budget, but can be all discussed. I have a very flexible diet, can go for a couple weeks but financially I am going to have to say some what moderate.

Let me know if you are up for getting to know each other?

Aaron
Old 25-06-2016, 04:32   #3

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for responding. We are located in South Dakota and are planning a trip to get away from the cold and snow in January or February. We farm up here in the summer and have a fairly flexible schedule after the fall holidays.

We enjoy sailing and have chartered monos in the 40 foot range in the past. Although we have had up to 7 people, we find it works best with one couple. This is the first time we have looked into chartering with someone we don't know. Most our friends here have no sailing experience and its always more fun to do this sort of thing with like minded people.

We are non smokers, lite drinkers, and enjoy adventure and sailing. We haven't had any compatibility issues in the past, but as you stated it is important to get to know each other ahead of time to make sure we will all enjoy the trip and have the same expectations.

We vacation on a budget, and our goal is to find a couple willing to share half the expense. Last time we charted the bareboat costs were around $3500....actually a little higher with the insurance. We would both share in provisioning together with the exception of alcohol. We are looking for a couple that is easy going and willing to role with whatever mother nature gives us to work with. No tight schedules, just an easy relaxing informal trip is what we are looking for.

Have you ever been to South Dakota? The Bahamas?

We were in Oregon for a week last year visiting friends and camping in the Tillamook area. We enjoy it very much, taking advantage of the fresh seafood....I love cooking oysters on the grill.

We chartered out of Nassau a couple of years ago and sailed thru the northern Exumas and are anxious to get back and check out the rest of the chain. The water there is unbelievable and people all very friendly.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Randy and Joni
Old 03-07-2016, 06:47   #4

Good morning! We have some questions.
What charter company in Nassau do you use?
Is this a two month trip or just anytime in Janaury or February?
How long are you planning to charter?
We live in Georgia. I have always sailed with family growing up. My Fiance is learning how to sail and all things boats. Our goal is to eventaully live on a boat for a few years.
Thank you!
ML and Marc
Old 03-07-2016, 08:29   #5

Randy Joni,
How about considering your Bahamas visit from a slightly different perspective.

We have a 45ft Hunter Passage sailboat which we will be taking down the Bahamas in January and February 2017. Normally we just sail as a twosome, but might consider a couple of working guests.

Irene and I are early 60's, from England and have an easy going attitude to life. This will be our 5th annual visit to the Bahamas. Georgetown, Exumas is our usual turnaround destination, but weather, wind (and whim) has much to do with our route.

I think our boat is a little more comfortable (but maybe more cluttered) that most charters, and the costs will be significantly less.

If you are interested call back and we'll explore the details.

Cheers

Phil
Old 12-08-2016, 21:07   #6

Hi Randy and Joni, and Phil,
My partner Suzi and I are mid 50's and 60's respectively. I hobby sail a 16' Taipan racing catamaran and we both love sailing, snorkelling, fishing, etc. We are aiming to buy our own Cat next year and are looking for some crewing experience in advance. Our schedule during Jan/Feb is flexible. We live in Australia. Took our first trip to the Caribbean aboard a cruise ship in April. Flew over the Bahamas on the way home and fell in love with the look of that water!
We are a relaxed, easy going couple. Non smokers, enjoy a glass or two of wine, not real fussy eaters, love seafood! Would love to hear from either couple if you're interested in discussing further.
Denis
Old 13-08-2016, 07:38   #7

Hi Dennis and Suzi

We are still open to the possibility of sharing our sailboat for part of our annual outing to the Bahamas.

I will send you a private message to open discussions. Please send some sort of response, even if it is 'no thanks'. Randy and Joni (and others) did not have the courtesy to respond.

Phil
Old 13-08-2016, 07:48   #8

Hi Phil, great to hear from you. Not sure how this forum works. Do you need my email address or can you get it from my membership? Cheers, Denis
Old 13-08-2016, 08:56   #9

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana

Tolvstad, I sent you a private message, please check your inbox.
Old 14-08-2016, 06:18   #10

Denis
To create/send a private message, click on the 'Lordphi' header in the top left side of my message. A drop down will include the option 'send a private message'.

Cheers

Phil
Old 15-08-2016, 13:58   #11

Sent you a pm. Let us know if interested.

Mike and Connie
Old 17-08-2016, 18:20   #12

Boat: Iroquois 30

Lordphi, sent you a private message.

Tags
exumas, sail, sailing, wanted