Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 12:03   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
USCG Master Available for Deliveries/Training

As stated I am a USCG Master, Sailing Endorsement, and ASA Instructor.

Candidly, there are several captains who post on this forum. I can provide not only references, but social media posts from satisfied delivery customers, charter guests and ASA students. I too have over 100k miles and many years of experience.

Like others, I am quite capable of taking your 40-50-60 foot cat or monohull anywhere you wish.

There are two things that set me apart from most other Licensed Masters who do deliveries.

1-My specialty is jobs no one will touch. 35 year old boat, no auto-pilot, dodgy in-mast furler? Did it. Little 24' PSC Flicka that on one will "lower themselves to"? Did it. Need to move a boat with no depth finder, no compass, no chart plotter, no VHF no autopilot and no means of recharging my iPad? On a route that required 6 bridge openings. Yea, did that also. I will also do mundane jobs, where all the systems work!

2- The recurring comment in customer feedback is my professionalism, teaching skills and calmness. Owner assisted deliveries invariably turn into on the water training classes. Be it rules of the road, horn signals, or how to manage the new boats systems, there is always some learning.

Your delivery can be owner assist, solely my crew, CF crew, or a hybrid. My affiliation with a top shelf ASA school allows me to conduct classes on your boat that comply with ASA standards.

All deliveries include access to my satellite tracking and communication during the delivery. This allows owners who are not onboard to be consulted, if needed. Or if the owner is on board, they can receive texts from love ones when we are out of cell range.

My goal is not to be the cheapest captain on a job. My goal is to deliver your boat in the same, or better condition than when I boarded her.

I am based in St. Petersburg and available to train you on your new, or “new to you” yacht.

Please PM me here or email BGEnterprisesFL that email is a gmail account. I will gladly provide a CV and more details on my references.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 14:14   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: USCG Master Available for Deliveries/Training

Please note the new website http://www.USCGMaster.com

There is a contact form on the website to reach me.

Bill

PS I am a very competent mariner— not so good a grammarian, let me know of any typos
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 00:29   #3

Highly recommended!
Templars-f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 20:43   #4

Dear Shipmates
My name is Paolo, and I am a good chef who specializes in italian food. The wanderlust has got me. I'm traveling from 1 year in Us and Mexico but I am open to exploring new opportunities anywhere.
My most recent placements have been onboard photography, snorkeling and wilderness charters. I'm currently serving fine dining on a restaurant located in Miami, Florida.
My duties include:
- Provisioning, prepping, cooking and serving meals plus snacks and dessert for guests.
- Being the hostess for our guests.
- Instructing and assisting guests.
- Keeping the boat tidy while we have guests onboard and deep cleaning between groups
- Helping the captain and mate with basic deckhand duties, keeping the decks clean
I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have sailed a very short time, I wanna know the basics and learn fast.
I have the ability to befriend people of all ages and from all walks of life. I enjoy getting to know new people and forming connections with the people I feed. I am tidy, respectful, and try my best to maintain an upbeat attitude. I love to eat delicious food, have a laugh with friends, and generally just enjoy life.
My biggest areas of interest trying a sailing chance for future are Caribbean or French Polynesia, but I could be flexible if a great opportunity presents itself.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!

A little about myself, my interests and my plans
- confident swimmer, rarely/unlikely seasick, good listener, good communicator, no body piercings, no facial piercings, travel light (little luggage), respectful, fit & healthy, friendly, polite, LGBTIQ accepting, diligent, positive outlook, skilled, organised, trustworthy, open minded, enthusiastic, easy going, sense of humor, available on my own, enjoy cooking, don't mind cleaning, can follow orders, enjoy teaching, live on little money
- I left my place and have been having a need exploring new places... and exploring these places from the sea is a new favorite way to see them! My plans are currently pretty flexible if I finish my season in Florida this time.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat
- share experience, visit remote places, seek adventure, fulfill a dream, face challenges, finding myself, gain experience, learn to sail, sustainable travel, travel
- The SEA is my happy place! I grew up near the beach and have been swimming since I was barely walking. I love the sea and would love to spend time on a boat.
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast