Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 13:14   #1

Boat: Catana 50
USA to BVI

My wife and I are a British couple living aboard our 2010 Catana 50 'Alia Vita'. We are sailing with the Salty Dawg Rally from Chesapeake to the BVI on or about the 2 Nov, subject to weather. We are looking for one extra pair of hands to help with watches, but would happily take two. Passage experience essential.

'Alia Vita' is a reliable, well equipped and fast passage maker and we can offer up to 3 weeks on board. The passage should take about 7 days and will encompass different weather conditions en-route, so a week or so in the sun at the other end is the least we can offer! You would need to join the boat late October.

We take care of all boat and provisioning expenses, you just get yourself to and from and cover your own shore side expenses.

If you are interested either reply here or PM me. We will be in Annapolis from 6 Nov until the 11th (ish) if anyone would like to meet up.

Rob
Old 07-10-2015, 06:26   #2

Re: USA to BVI

hello
Would be interested in delivery. I have 6k miles ocean sailing. 2001-2010 owned and singlehanded Endeavour52. Did a few deliveries up and down east coast. No interest in staying after delivery as would need to get back to work. Let me know

Steve
201-787-9872
Old 16-10-2015, 13:16   #3

Hello! Very interested in your voyage! Are you still looking for crew?
Old 18-10-2015, 17:06   #4

Boat: Catana 50

To all that have responded on thread or PM'd me, thanks for all the interest but the crew has now been sorted. Best of luck with finding a ride to the sun.

Rob
Old 08-11-2015, 15:38   #5

Greetings!
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez here just finishing a season of organic farm work in upstate New York,and ready to head south for the winter. I'm looking to crew on a boat heading to the Caribbean within the next few weeks. I am looking for an unpaid position and am willing to contribute to a shared cost arrangement. I have maritime experience both in coastal cruising(around Puerto Rico, USVI and BVI), and as deckhand on a 200ft high speed passenger ferry(MV Athena). I am also a leather and canvas worker, and apprenticed at a marine canvas shop doing mostly boat covers, shades, upholstery and sail repair. I have a current US Passport, am fully bilingual(English/Spanish), able bodied and eager to contribute to any and all tasks required on board any type of vessel. I am currently in Westport, NY, right on Lake Champlain, and would be able to meet up with a boat at any location along the eastern seaboard, or in the Bahamas. I would be interested in either a cruise down the ICW or a straight crossing towards the Bahamas. I would be disembarking either in Puerto Rico(My homeport) or any of the surrounding islands(Dominican Republic, Vieques, Culebra, USVI or BVI). I'm ready to leave anytime after the 16th of November(sooner if required). Please feel free to contact me at antoinebags@gmai.com. I can make phone contact at a prearranged time, as I am in a signalless region of the Adirondacks. I appreciate your consideration in having me as part of your crew, and look forward to being back on deck.
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez
FB: Taller Caribe Rincon