Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2014, 07:16   #16

Boat: norman cross tri 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to jj111155
Re: USA east coast through Caribbean November 2014

hi colin

please put me on the wait list

I am looking to get my outboard and batteries to Nassau where my boat is waiting for me

I am willing to pay for the ride as well as do crew work

would like to meet you in florida for the jump to Nassau

please consider my offer even at the last minute

thanks

j jones
Old 28-08-2014, 08:01   #17

Re: USA east coast through Caribbean November 2014

Hi there. I am interested in joining you as crew for your planned trip. I have years of dinghy sailing experience and started sailing cruisers several years ago. I own my own 24' Snapdragon that I sail on the East coast of the UK. I have RYA certificates "Day Skipper theory and Practical and a Yachtmaster theory. I have crewed on a 40' yacht on a 9 day non stop voyage from Ibitha to Dubrovnik (Balerics to Croatia) and several shorter passages in the Med. Before taking early retirement I was a marine engineer for Cunard Line sailing on cruise ships extensively in the Caribbean before leaving the merchant marine to become a police officer. I am fit and healthy, don't smoke and can get along with almost anyone. Of course I will pay my own air fare to the US and am happy to contribute to the cost of food.
Regards David C. Price
Old 31-08-2014, 09:55   #18

Re: USA East Coast through Caribbean November 2014

Hello

I am emmanuel of Placencia Belize yes in Belize now I recently completed the RYA ONDECK Day Skipper course in April and excited for more experience.

I am @ blackcoral01@gmail.com
Old 31-08-2014, 13:27   #19

Re: USA East Coast through Caribbean November 2014

Colin,
I saw u have found a crew, congrads, If ya find something goes amiss, call me. I have sailed from kent island,maryland, i.c.w to key west, going out a few times along the way, than from key west to Bahamas ,touring a few months, a hell of return trip,65mp winds 20 ft seas, boat capsized,electric out ,no engine, which I managed somehow with batteries dieing in flashlight kept easterly corse ,& lucky enuff to find cape Canaveral. than inmay of this year did a 1400 mile epic adventure from the islands back to states. I'm a easy to get along with as the beauty in the night stars and can sit @ the helm for all night shifts. like I said should u find ,things change ..give me a call, im ready for south bound,
"white hat ' 302-260-2901

Tags
Caribbean, east coast, rib, caribbean