Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2015, 09:53   #1

Transatlantic: Americas to Europe spring/summer 2015

My teammate Anita and I are looking for unpaid positions crewing on a sailing vessel from the U.S./Caribbean to Europe in 2015. We are open to taking crew positions separately if necessary. We are willing to fly to the starting point if it seems like a good fit, and we are flexible on where exactly we make landfall.

We recently crewed together for 2 weeks on a 51 ft. Formosa Force ketch built in 1974. We sailed from Port St. Joe, Florida to Marathon, FL... we make a good team! Together we managed the food shopping, cooking, cleaning. We also handled deckhand tasks like raising and lowering sails, staying on watch, manually raising the anchor, fixing things that broke, and we helped with sail repair.

I am 33 years old, born and raised in Rhode Island, USA. I have sailed recreationally on and off since I was a kid. I am comfortable on a boat and have loved my cruising experience so far. I am an organic farmer by trade since age 20. I love preparing food and doing the work necessary to have a clean and tidy ship. I speak spanish at a beginner level.

Anita is a 29 year old woman of Indian origin born and raised in the U.S. She is skilled in cooking (especially plant-based and raw foods), hospitality, cleaning, nannying, sewing and solar electric systems. She is physically capable and hard working. She is fluent in Spanish and Hindi.

We are traveling the world to visit intentional communities and permaculture projects. We are interested in low-impact travel, gardening, gift economy, languages, nonviolent communication and being around people in general.

Thanks!
-Pete
Old 18-04-2015, 09:09   #2

Re: Transatlantic: Americas to Europe spring/summer 2015

I have decided not to do the crossing this summer. Anita is still looking for a boat. I highly recommend taking her on as crew. She is very competent and possesses great ingenuity. I would want her on my boat.
Old 19-04-2015, 06:24   #3

Re: Transatlantic: Americas to Europe spring/summer 2015

Hi,
some Germans are at Antigua Sailing Week and want to get back to Gibraltar thereafter.
3 boats - looking for crew. drop me a PN if you 're interested.

Tellus

Tags
Europe, rope