Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2015, 19:56   #1

Location: house is in melbourne australia and Muscade currently in Med.
Boat: fontaine pajot Marquises 56
ST Martin to Azores departing late April.

Looking for someone with experience to become 4th member on trip from St Martin to Azores with possible short stops in BVI and Bermuda.
56ft luxury cat, extremely well prepared with no expense spared. Owner skipper has extensive blue water experience, other 2 have some bluewater and some coastal experience.
We will cover food and fuel while on board but any other expenses including off board meals, flights, drinks etc will be your own. You will have your own private double cabin with bathroom.
No smokers, drunks, or druggies please. These are safe, friendly, educated blokes in their 50's so dont expect gourmet food but a female would be safe from harassment. All duties are to be shared by 4.
Hopeful of arriving Azores around May 20th but everything depends on weather.
pm us for more info
Old 17-03-2015, 18:33   #2

Re: ST Martin to Azores departing late April.

Hello Boys,

I know you're looking for someone with experience, and although I don't have much sailing experience, I thought I'd see if you might be interested in a great company crew member who can cook, is safe, educated, has a wicked sense of humor, and who wouldn't harass you too much. I'm very comfortable on the water, have sailed a small amount with friends when I was a child, dive, and have thick skin, so you won't get any drama from me!

I live in Whitefish, Montana, and am fearless and love new adventures. If you would have any interest in teaching me the ropes, I'll repay you in kind with great conversation and lots of laughs.

Either way, thanks for considering the possibility, and happy sailing.

Carmen
Old 18-03-2015, 10:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabil View Post
Looking for someone with experience to become 4th member on trip from St Martin to Azores with possible short stops in BVI and Bermuda.
56ft luxury cat, extremely well prepared with no expense spared. Owner skipper has extensive blue water experience, other 2 have some bluewater and some coastal experience.
We will cover food and fuel while on board but any other expenses including off board meals, flights, drinks etc will be your own. You will have your own private double cabin with bathroom.
No smokers, drunks, or druggies please. These are safe, friendly, educated blokes in their 50's so dont expect gourmet food but a female would be safe from harassment. All duties are to be shared by 4.
Hopeful of arriving Azores around May 20th but everything depends on weather.
pm us for more info
I am interested in joining your delivery crew. Have considerable blue water experience, including Atlantic crossing aboard Oyster 56 from St. Maarten to Barcelona. Please contact me at iama_sailor at hotmail dot com.
Old 18-03-2015, 14:52   #4

Location: house is in melbourne australia and Muscade currently in Med.
Boat: fontaine pajot Marquises 56

Thanks for the reply Carmen. If I were on a island cruise I would love to have you aboard but this is a serious blue water passage and I am only considering crew with experience. For others interested please private message.
Cheers
Old 18-03-2015, 15:08   #5

Greetings,

I'm interested in joining your crew for the Trans Atlantic trip. I'm a 29 year old sailor who's been sailing for 10 years. My first trip was with Outward Bound just out of high school and ever since then I've tried to keep myself on the water. After graduating college I moved to Boston and worked aboard a 125ft schooner called Liberty Clipper. A few months after being onboard the captain asked me to be Bosun's mate because of my prowess aloft and attention to detail. After sailing Clipper down to the Bahamas and finishing the yard haul out I moved back to Boston and got a steady career but continued to volunteer or work part-time at local sailing schools teaching kids as young as 6th grade, all the way up to adults. I've worked with disabled veterans and with Perkins School for the Blind.
I'm extremely reliable and cool-headed. I love to sail and I'm from Minnesota so I'm pretty easy to get along with.
I'm comfortable paying my own way but grately appreciate your coverage of the food and fuel. Mostly, I'm interested in joining your venture because I'd like to get a trans-atlantic under my belt before my 30th birthday.

Thanks for considering me.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 24-03-2015, 21:05   #6

Nice trip & boat!
I'm interested! I'm Suz, 29yr old Dutchy. Have a fair bit of mainly offshore sailing experience. I crossed the ocean this year from East to West, currently exploring the Caribbean and looking to go back to Europe and of April. I've learned a lot about seamanship this year, provisioning, watchkeeping, cooking at sea, keeping good vibes on board. Timing is perfect. I'll be in St. Martin as from the 17th-20th of April so let's meet up?

Looking forward to hear from you!
Suz
Old 25-03-2015, 01:20   #7

Boat: Columbia 57

Interested. Have done 2 transatlantics as well as coastal and Caribbean cruising. Last crossing was aboard a lagoon 620. Please pm me an email address and I can forward you my CV.
Fair winds,
Dylan

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 28-03-2015, 19:54   #8

Boat: ALBERG 30

I would be interested in your crossing, I own and captian a blue water sailboat and have done 6 gulf stream crossings solo, have also crewed, and delivered sailboats for friends around Florida and Tortugas.
Retired airline captian and free to travel. I have never crossed the Atlantic, but would like the opportunity to put that one in log book.

Tags
Azores, St Martin