Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2019, 15:01   #1

Boat: Manta 40
Spring trip thru Bahamas and Caribbean

Hi -- I am looking for another couple and a female friend to join me on an extended cruise thru the Bahamas, Turks, Jamaica, US and BVIs, ending in Panama in early July. Our planned departure is NLT 15 March 19.

I am 61, and a retired professionals.

Am open on age -- but, know that closer to 60 will likely be a better fit than closer to 30.

Sailing experience is a topic for discussion. Some is nice but, am ok with newbies so long as you have the ability and strength to learn and grow into a full fledged swab.

Its more of a personality fit -- how well will we get along and how well will we enjoy this great trip together.

I tried this a little earlier -- maybe a little too early and got lots of responses but, mostly from people that wanted to crew a passage.

That's not exactly what I am looking for.

I'm looking for a crew that would like to stay aboard for a month or more -- even the entire trip if we are having fun.

There will be expense sharing.

I'd love to discuss this with you in detail rather than lay it all out here.

I have had several people reply that they are interested and I hope they follow thru -- this ad is being put up as a just in case -- I really want to get a crew together so if they bail for some reason I would like to have someone in the pipelind to jump in.

Talking is better than typing.

Please PM me and we can talk a bit and see where it leads.
Sunsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 13:20   #2

Boat: 1987 Hunter 40
Re: Spring trip thru Bahamas and Caribbean

I'm interested, more info please, live in Baltimore and very handy.
Augusto1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 18:01   #3

Boat: Sabre 34 mark II 1990
Re: Spring trip thru Bahamas and Caribbean

I am currently in Ft Lauderdale after having helped to sail a 34 ft monohull through the Great Lakes, the Welland, Oswego and Erie Canals, through the Hudson, Chesapeake, on the Atlantic. I have been many places, and looking forward to new adventures. I am 57 years old and single , my finances are limited so equally shared may be a challenge.
I am a good cook, keep a clean and happy vessel , and a good social individual.
I have a 6 pack Captains License, that I really find is helpful for navigation purposes. I am quiet, like to read, enjoy beach walks, and snorkeling. I used to be a diver, but my ears can no longer accommodate the pressures so I find joy in the surface space. If interested please feel to contact me @ Debra.d.weaver@gmail.com. Not certain as to how to attach my sailing CV, but I look forward to your response either way.
Dweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, Caribbean, rib