Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2019, 11:07   #16

Re: Soon to be 100 Ton Master needs 90 current days sea time...

I did,,, passed with flying colors. I'm stoked about that and now I need a sailing gig. Anyone need crew in late April or May?
4everbeachboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 11:18   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Watkins 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everbeachboy View Post
I did,,, passed with flying colors. I'm stoked about that and now I need a sailing gig. Anyone need crew in late April or May?
That's great.
Once you get the required sea time please do not forget to submit all the paperwork to the USCG.

Here is a thread where we reviewed the requirements.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ot-211881.html
Captain Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 15:56   #18

Passed all exams and ready for most any and most all sailing crew positions that will help me acquire 90 days quickly. Let me know what you need and I am available to consider all offers.

Thanks for taking a look!
Albert
Old 10-04-2019, 14:23   #19
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Passed all exams and ready for most any and most all sailing crew positions that will help me acquire 90 days quickly. Let me know what you need and I am available to consider all offers.

Thanks for taking a look!
Albert
I would recommend you just go down to your local marina and start logging some sea time.

4 hours to 24 hours count as 1 day.
So if you go out in the morning on boat1 for 4 hours and then you go out in the afternoon for another 4 hours on boat2, it only counts as 1 day.

Make sure you have your sea service form with you and have the owner of the boat sign it.

Each boat will have its own sea service form.
So if you go out on 15 boat, you will need 15 sea service forms.

Good Luck Future Captain.
Old 28-04-2019, 05:23   #20

Boat: Manta 40

Hi -- you can PM me.

I am in George Town Exuma and looking to move back to Fl and could use a hand.

Am a USCG Capt and will sign your sea service forms and write a letter of recommendation.

Comfortable and safe Catamaran.

Tom
Sunsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 12:54   #21

Thanks Capt Tom,
I appreciate your offer. I'm currently in Anguilla setting sail to Bermuda tomorrow and then on to the Azores and Spain. I would certainly jump at the opportunity we're I available.

Update,,,
I'll be in northwestern Spain sometime in June and will be available for crewing on sailboats, preferably cats , though not so picky, in June through August or your next destination. The Med is good or points South.
Let me know. I'll be much more experienced after the Atlantic crossing and quite willing to continue on. Thanks again Captain Tom.
Old 07-05-2019, 16:35   #22

New Update...May 7

Just arrived Bermuda from the Caribbean. The boat I was on has changed their plans and now I am available (May 7, 2019) for crewing aboard a sailboat. A Catamaran would be great though I'm not picky. Looking for addition sea time before getting my 100 ton Captains License (already passed all the course work and exams at MPT in March 2019) and purchasing my own Catamaran sailboat.

Ready and willing to sail any direction, Azores, Europe, East Coast of US, Florida or back to the Caribbean to name a few. Available open ended and flexible. Will entertain all offers.

Good watch stander and basic help with sail tending though not quite up to speed on all the particulars of sail setting and changes. 10 years at sea as a younger man though all on motor 200 footers. USCG experience aboard medium endurance cutters and buoy tenders. Not susceptible to sea sickness and very healthy. Have a stock of my own eats to bring along as well as sailing gear. Currently in St. George bay, Bermuda.

63 years young and ready to go. Call or email ALbert on WhatsApp or email...
1happyalbert@gmail.com
Old 14-05-2019, 06:48   #23

NEW UPDATE: May 14, 2019

Back in Eastern North Carolina, no longer in Bermuda. Looking for more sailing gigs/voyages. Working on getting my current (within last 3 years) sea time so I can get my 100 ton Master ticket. Willing to crew on most anything sea worthy though sailboats get the top priority. Passport ready and willing to come to boats ready to voyage. Message me and let's see how we can help each other.
Cheers! Albert
Old 17-05-2019, 04:31   #24

May 17 Update:
Headed to Florida today to crew on a cutter bound for Guatemala. Should be all done by the first week in June or so and back in Florida and available for more sailing, more miles and more sea time. Let me know your sailboat voyage details and if I have availability, I am interested.

Thanks for dropping in...
Old 20-05-2019, 10:40   #25

Current Rough Scheduling:

Sailing Fort Pierce to Rio Dulce Wednesday, May 22 Arrival 1st Week June...

Available for 2-3 weeks all points south...

Scheduled for Crew on Delivery from St. Thomas, VI to Panama canal last week in June. Possibility of continuing on to West Coast US. Arrival mid to end of June depending on jumping off in Panama or US west coast.

July: available anywhere you need me for good sea worthy sailboats...starting to need a bit of assistance with travel costs...let's talk about it. Have need for crew,,,I'm your crew! Oceans experienced and willing to travel for sea miles!

Old 20-05-2019, 10:42   #26

Oh rats, Delivery from St. Thomas to Panama canal should read arrival mid to late July, not June....Please correct.
Old 30-05-2019, 13:08   #27

Winds change, currents deter and minds change...and still life out sailing is awesome.

Update: May 30, 2019
On the Beach in Fort Pierce, Fl and ready for any and all crewing positions on sailboats that fit in the developing schedule. Currently free until June 25th when I should fly to St Thomas to sail a cat to Panama and hopefully on up to the west coast of California. All good. Reach out if you need crew. I'm ready, tested, available and crazy for sailing. PM or email or call.... 1happyalbert@gmail.com 954-579-6837 also What's App
Old 03-06-2019, 08:51   #28
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Winds change, currents deter and minds change...and still life out sailing is awesome.

Update: May 30, 2019
On the Beach in Fort Pierce, Fl and ready for any and all crewing positions on sailboats that fit in the developing schedule. Currently free until June 25th when I should fly to St Thomas to sail a cat to Panama and hopefully on up to the west coast of California. All good. Reach out if you need crew. I'm ready, tested, available and crazy for sailing. PM or email or call.... 1happyalbert@gmail.com 954-579-6837 also What's App
You are doing a great job getting your sea time.
Keep going and don't stop.

Tags
current, mast