Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2016, 09:43   #1

Somewhat experienced sailor in LA looking for next adventure!

Hi There

I am in LA and looking for a boat to hop onto. I'd prefer to sail to Hawaii but I am up for just about anywhere.

about my sailing experience:
I started sailing about three years ago whne I was vagabonding in Key West and walked onto a tallship there (Appledore II) where I made friends with the captain and some crew, which led me to go day sailing a number of times over the following few days. Long story short, that led me to a sort of sailing chain of events. I ended up volunteering/working on the tallships Hawaiian Chieftain (northern California), Appledore II (Maine), Grace Bailey (Maine) and Hindu (Delivery VA to Key West). Between and after that, I have worked two summers on a 44' Fountaine Pajot doing the Great Loop (including crossing the Gulf) and a small handful of smaller monohauls around Florida, over the Stream three times, through the Bahamas and finally to the DR.

In the DR, a little over a year ago, I fell off a dingy and the prop hit my foot. Lucky to be alive and happy to be able to walk with no real issues.

After a long recovery and also taking care of my mom while she healed from an injury, I am really REALLY ready to be back on the water and sailing.

I don't get sea sick, I really enjoy cooking and I'm ready to get my sea legs back and continuing this ever challenging learning experience that is so rewarding.

about me:
I am also a photographer and wanna-be writer. I'm 29. Before sailing I was a traveling art model (yes that means nude, no I am not a nudist). I fancy myself a pescetarian though sometimes I cheat. I have blue/teal/purple/green dreadlocks. I like to find alone time as much as I can, as I value the time to think. This is part of what I love about sailing, is watching the ocean. I love a good book more than seaweed chips and I love those an awful lot. I really want to learn desiel mechanics and electrical. I'm a pretty good cook and can be down below in a hot galley in rolling seas in order to make sure we have something good in our bellies. I sleep really well under sail. I sometimes have a brain to mouth filtration problem. I like children and dogs more than most people. I smoke cigarettes. Hopefully not forever. I like to make stuff. And I like wine.

What I'm looking for:
I would prefer to sail with another woman onboard, although I know women are a commodity in sailing so I'm not holding my breath on that one. I am looking for a boat that is willing to pay me in food. A captain who is willing to give me space when I need it, and one who can communicate without getting angry. While I have my eyes set on Hawaii, I really just want to go sailing.

I guess that about sums it up.
Old 08-06-2016, 20:33   #2

Boat: beneteau M352, 35 feet
Re: Somewhat experienced sailor in LA looking for next adventure!

Hello, I have a Beneteau 35 but I want to sail to the Caribean for about 6 months. Then should get a bigger boat, a 42 ft, to sail to the pacific. So I may be around USA west coast. If you still interested your are welcome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 13-06-2016, 13:53   #3

Still looking for a boat.
Old 14-06-2016, 05:29   #4

Boat: SeaPearl 21

Meagan,

My girlfriend and I are moving a Westsail 32 from Portland to San Francisco in July (10-25). I need one more crew. Give me a call if you are interested.

Rob
520-205-1823
Old 14-06-2016, 14:51   #5

Boat: beneteau M352, 35 feet

Yes, My wife and I will be sailing the caribean after hurracan season is gone. And then only when a move to a bigger boat, will sail the Pacific, maybe next year, I think too far for you. Rop option is better for you.
Old 09-07-2016, 13:04   #6

Sailing from Seattle to San Diego mid August with my girlfriend. Looking for one person. If interested 36o6206985 Richard

Tags
enc, sail