Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 16:41   #46

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Single 43yo female to crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
When looking for unpaid crew for pleasure cruising one looks for people that enjoy ALL that life has to offer and approach life with an open mind. People with chips on their shoulder get left behind.
Given that this is your second post expressing similar sentiments...maybe that chips on your shoulder?

Old 12-01-2018, 18:01   #47

Boat: Catalina 22 Capri

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Given that this is your second post expressing similar sentiments...maybe that chips on your shoulder?
You mean the hedonistic one?

Old 13-01-2018, 04:17   #48

Anyone who doesn't believe in self defense weapons and/or isn't stocked up with them needs to get themselves to a Propaganda & Other Psyops Deprogramming for Socially Engineered Humans course a.s.a.p., no matter the gender.
Old 13-01-2018, 04:22   #49

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
Anyone who doesn't believe in self defense weapons and/or isn't stocked up with them needs to get themselves to a Propaganda & Other Psyops Deprogramming for Socially Engineered Humans course a.s.a.p., no matter the gender.
......Oy!
Old 13-01-2018, 04:22   #50
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single 43yo female to crew

Too funny..!!!

Born To Be Wild
Old 13-01-2018, 05:46   #51

Quote:
Beware of Isis on the high seas:

The Illuminatus Observor: Adventure on the High C's

That was about a minute of my life that Iíll never recover.

(Made me wonder: Was it substance abuse or just abuse that inspired that author?)
Old 13-01-2018, 05:59   #52

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
We live in different universes.
Old 13-01-2018, 06:02   #53

I would suggest changing the title of your post because it implies that you might be open for a possible relationship. Stating you are single would not be relevant otherwise.
Old 13-01-2018, 06:09   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
When looking for unpaid crew for pleasure cruising one looks for people that enjoy ALL that life has to offer and approach life with an open mind. People with chips on their shoulder get left behind.
Seriously, after so many thoughtful posts in this thread- did any of it register?
Old 13-01-2018, 06:22   #55

Boat: Oday 27

Oh for crying out loud. There is no Illuminati. Everyone who has taken the red pill knows we are in The Matrix.
Old 13-01-2018, 06:51   #56

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:

Or move from that Urban downtown environment
Old 13-01-2018, 07:18   #57

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

They made a movie about him.. so he must be real..

Born To Be Wild
Old 13-01-2018, 07:40   #58

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
They made a movie about him.. so he must be real..
Aquaman you mean?

😆
Old 13-01-2018, 07:58   #59

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Aquaman you mean?

😆
No..!!! Pi.. a singlehanded sailor with a cat..

Born To Be Wild
Old 13-01-2018, 08:08   #60
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Tayana 47

I guess it's pretty hard for most of us men to relate to a situation where someone takes you sailing and expects you to have sex with them in return. My first reaction to the beginning of this thread was to think that she was being pretty presumptuous to think that guys with boats would automatically want to have sex with her, to the point where the very first thing she said to them was that she wasn't interested in that sort of thing. It's a bit like meeting someone in public and having them say "hi, I'm Mary and I don't want to have sex with you" during your initial introduction, at the same time that I'd be still wondering if I should shake hands or just say hi and tell her my name and did I really just hear her say something about sex, that seems sort of odd.

But, given the bad experience she had with Capt Lingerie, I guess I can understand why she'd be on alert to avoid a repeat experience. My thoughts on this are that any woman would be wise to get to know any skipper they intended to be alone on a boat with overnight BEFORE that happens. It's worthwhile to take a bit of time to get to know someone before committing to being 1 on 1 with them far away from other people, both for the reason we are discussing but also to determine whether you think they are a generally stable and competent person and a competent seaman. I'm a guy and I would want to do that before I got on a boat with another skipper/crew, whether that person be male or female and my reasons have nothing to do with sex. The Internet is useful for lots of things, but I think the whole idea of sending out a message to the whole world looking to be one on one aboard their boat with them is a bad idea. It might be OK as an initial introduction to other sailors but get to know them and observe how they react to other people they know and how these other associates react to them. Ask for references and contact a few of them and listen carefully to what they say. Spend a little time together with your potential skipper being careful to not be giving off a flirtatious vibe and see if he gives off any hints of wanting to be flirtatious with you and if he does, at that point, tell him you are at a place in your life where you're simply not a bit interested in that sort of thing and see how he responds. If you do decide to go ahead and help deliver his boat, do your part to maintain boundaries by the things you say to him and how you dress. You have lots of control over the direction your relationship takes and there are many subtle ways you can get the message across that you're not interested in anything physical with him both before and after you go sailing together. Using the Internet is a tempting shortcut but whether you be male or female, it's a very good idea to take the time to get to know someone before going offshore with them. If the situation is such that you don't have time to do that or it's too inconvenient for one or both of you, then I'd keep looking for a situation that allowed me to reach a mutual comfort level BEFORE going offshore with anyone. If he's a sexual predator who expects sex in exchange for sailing, then the fact that you told him no before you set foot on his boat isn't going to be effective. You need to take the time to learn what sort of guy he is BEFORE you go offshore together.

Tags
crew, single

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: