Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 19:39   #1
Marine Service Provider

Short and long term crew needed

We are looking for a short and long term crew for our trip 2015-2017.
The trip is long but it’s your choice for how long and when you would like to stay.
No experience needed.

The boat (18m/61ft) is a special long keel ketch built in France (Bordeaux Boatyard) in 1932 on French Military Marine request to train cadets in sailing. It was totally refitted in 2000.

In a BIG shortcut:
The trip starts in October this year in Italy, then :Spain, Morocco, GC, Cabo Verde, Atlantic crossing, Caribbeans, Panama, Galapagos, Pacific crossing, FP, Tonga, Marshal, Micronesia and finishing in Philippines in January 2017.

Not paid.
Priv me for more details.
Old 02-08-2015, 22:33   #2

Boat: MARTIN 32
Re: Short and long term crew needed

Our names are Mark and Eve and we live in David, Chiriquí, Panama.
We are interested in your ad for a Short and long term crew needed, we are flexible with your itinerary although we would prefer the Caribbean - Panama leg of your planned trip. We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a 64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW for two years, my wife is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know are way around a sailboat. We can also contribute for our travel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please do send trip details, pictures, of you boat type, rigging, navigation, if possible. We attached our photo of us at the Bocas del Toro Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing.
Thanks for your consideration,
Marco y Eva Rossmiller
mrossmiller@gmail.com
Old 03-08-2015, 06:02   #3

Hello. I'm going to be in Mallorca and will be a quick flight away from the start of your trip in October. I would definitely be interested in the Mediterranean portion as well as the Atlantic crossing. With that said, if it is a good fit, I'd feel inclined to sail further. I have a solid background in sailing and have done deliveries, as well as large open water passages. Can help with everything from navigation, to mechanical, as well as knowing my way around a kitchen. I quit my corporate job, to travel and enjoy the finer side of life and have been doing that since. Looking forward to hopping back on a boat and continuing my travels sailing. It is my favorite place to be.

All my best,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 03-08-2015, 09:11   #4

PM sent!
Old 06-08-2015, 13:09   #5

Very interested in being part of your adventure. Currently I only have dinghy sail experience but am eager to learn on a bigger boat. I am interested on any part of the trip really, though I would prefer to join during the start if there is room, I am currently In canada but I have a valid passport and would fly over for the opportunity. I am a fast learner and good mechanically as well as first aid. and if needed I can sometimes make food thats edible.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:17   #6

Boat: 2005, cartopper dinghy
Send a message via Skype™ to Skipyash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami View Post
We are looking for a short and long term crew for our trip 2015-2017.
The trip is long but it’s your choice for how long and when you would like to stay.
No experience needed.

The boat (18m/61ft) is a special long keel ketch built in France (Bordeaux Boatyard) in 1932 on French Military Marine request to train cadets in sailing. It was totally refitted in 2000.

In a BIG shortcut:
The trip starts in October this year in Italy, then :Spain, Morocco, GC, Cabo Verde, Atlantic crossing, Caribbeans, Panama, Galapagos, Pacific crossing, FP, Tonga, Marshal, Micronesia and finishing in Philippines in January 2017.

Not paid.
Priv me for more details.
I want to join, but I do not know which stage, I will write you if you can give me the PM address. I am an experienced sailor, IYT Yatchmaster (Offshore). Living in Turkey, 50 yo scientist (Prof). 2000 nm in Mediterranean Sea between TR and Lagos (PR); Corfu, Messina, Sardegna, Corsica, Mallorca, Ibiza, Marbella, Gibraltar, Huelva, Lagos.

Looking for your response and details for attendance

Nice winds
Old 08-08-2015, 05:52   #7

Boat: Dufour 46 2006

HI
My name is Daniel Even-Zur, I am 67 year old Israeli guy, in Excellent health condition.
a licensed skipper, with experience in the Mediterranean, and the Atlantic crossing Previously owned a Dufour 46-foot boat. I am an excellent technical orientation, amateur chef, militarymedic, 2 stars scuba diving license. hang glider flying.
Speaking : English, Franch, Hebrew, and some Arabic..
I am Very interested to join the entire length of your cruise, if possible. and if we find a common interest. In particular I would like to stretch from the Panama Canal to the Philippines.
I would love to get more details as possible, on the boat, and any other useful information, about yourself. As well as
In general I can join you anywhere, with sufficient warning.
All the best and good luck
Daniel
E-mail: evenzur.daniel@gmail.com
Mobile Phone :972-52-2321997
Old 14-08-2015, 04:52   #8

PM sent.
Old 14-08-2015, 16:33   #9

Boat: cal 2-25

PM sent. Thank you.
Stormsailor
Old 26-08-2015, 04:59   #10

Boat: Dufour 46 2006

Hi
you did not reply !!
Old 26-08-2015, 05:57   #11
Marine Service Provider

Please PM ONLY! I not always get notification that somebody has answer here but I always answer all the private msgs.
Thank you.
Old 31-08-2015, 06:45   #12

Hi Kami,

My name is Che. I'm very interested in joining you for the Atlantic crossing leg of your journey. I have my RYA competent crew ticket. Will be crewing on a 117' gaff rigged ketch from the UK down to Cadiz, Spain for all of September and could join you from there depending. Willing to pay my way.

Should probably mention that I've never done an Atlantic crossing before but am very very eager to do one and Manihi looks like a great yacht to do it on.

Hope to hear from you
Che
Old 31-08-2015, 21:52   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to Heldor

I'm interested and ready to join you in Europe anytime from October 1st however long you need me, including Atlantic crossing.

I learned to sail half a century ago on a 100' ketch with canvas sails and sisal halyards without a winch in sight. I've crossed the Atlantic thrice (alas each time as a passenger on an ocean liner). For two decades I owned a pocket sloop in which I explored much of the Salish Sea on Canada's west coast. Now I'm a tour boat and water taxi captain in Victoria's (British Columbia) harbour. But come October there is no limit as to the amount of time I can commit as a crew member, since work doesn't start up again until springtime.

Yes, I love the sailing life, but though I have taken courses up to Canadian Yachting Association’s advanced coastal cruising, if you don't constantly use those skills... well, you know the rest.

Other certificates: VHF, marine safety, marine first aid, commercial SVOP (small vessel operator proficiency). Languages: fluent English and German, basic French and Spanish. Email: my@islandnet.com
Old 09-09-2015, 17:33   #14

Hi Kami- I'm interested in joining your crew and can do so for any part. I'm new to the forums (and sailing), and don't yet have the option to send a PM, but will tell you more about me and see if there's a fit somewhere along your path once I can.

Cheers,

Erik
Old 09-09-2015, 19:29   #15

Very interested in learning more about your trip.
Look forward to talking!

Best,

Alexander

Tags
crew