Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2018, 03:17   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Endeavour E 43
Send a message via Skype™ to WolfgangSeaLife
SeaLife Endeavour 43 Ketch Chesapeake to Florida Now Nov 1

Crew wanted
SeaLife, Endeavour Ketch 43 feet, Chesapeake Bay to Sarasota, Florida.
Dep. November 1 or 2, return flight from Sarasota/Bradenton November 21.
Boat is fully equipped and provisioned, ready to sail.
Cockpit is fully enclosed and dry, everything is on board. You need nothing.
My best friend and sailing buddy just bailed out due to medical problem.
Boat is in McDaniel Marina, North East Md. Can pick you up anywhere in Chesapeake or Norfolk Va.
You can read about the boat and my sailing experience in my books on Amazon by Wolfgang Berg, see facebook page Wolfgang Berg (my pen name).
Wolfgang Harms, Moorestown NJ
Wolfgang@Pioneer-Research.com
609 405 2221.
www.sealife-cameras.com
WolfgangSeaLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 14:22   #2

Boat: Sea Doo Challenger, 18'
Re: SeaLife Endeavour 43 Ketch Chesapeake to Florida Now Nov 1

I still have a couple of months off until I start teaching literature classes again in the spring. My best friend is a flight attendant, so I can meet you just about anywhere in the world for free (and get home too).

Check me out here:
Colin Shanafelt

I have loved sailing for 20 years. My first novel, What Gods Would Be Theirs?, focuses heavily on sailing. That said, I have little hands-on experience. But I am profoundly handy and capable in almost all things. I can do anything except make money. I am a US Air Force veteran. I hold the FCC's highest commercial radio license, the GROL. I can work on fiberglass, electronics, engines, computers, computer software, plumbing, electrical systems, and more. I currently teach college literature classes.

After this school year, my wife and I plan to sell our house in Austin, Texas, buy a 40' yacht, and sail away with our 13-year-old daughter. We already traveled around the world in 2013-2014 visiting 24 countries in 15 months. Now we'd like to do it again on a sailboat (heading west this time).

I know you are leaving tomorrow (Nov 1). I can be there. Just say the word.

Colin Shanafelt
shanafeltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:19   #3

Boat: Pearson 34-II
Re: SeaLife Endeavour 43 Ketch Chesapeake to Florida Now Nov 1

"I have loved sailing for 20 years. My first novel, What Gods Would Be Theirs?, focuses heavily on sailing. That said, I have little hands-on experience." , Shanafeltc

Colin,
From a person who has been a writer the majority of his life, how does one write a novel that focuses heavily on sailing when they admit they have "little hands-on experience?" How does one write fiction or non-fiction about something they know little about and have the end product give the reader a sense of veracity? This, of course, is not the same as writing fantasy novels which, of course, is another genre and not suggestive in your above remarks. Best, Rognvald

Tags
endeavour, florida, ketch