Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 09:23   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Farr 48
Sea of Cortez - Costa Rica and Panama

Hi all, We are a family travelling on a 48ft Farr on our way to the South Pacific. We're currently taking crew in the Sea of Cortez, Mexico, and down the Pacific coast to Costa Rica and Panama. We like to invite other adventurous travellers on board to experience and share the lifestyle with us. We'll be exploring beautiful and uninhabited islands, surfing, hiking, snorkelling, kitesurfing and windsurfing, paddleboarding, making music, beach fires etc... Beginner sailors welcome, shared expenses. If you are interested in joining us please send us an email for more information: fransandsylvia@hotmail.com
Happy sailing!
Old 13-10-2015, 08:35   #2

Re: Sea of Cortez - Costa Rica and Panama

Hey I'm very interested in crewing with you. Where are you located and where are you going?
Old 13-10-2015, 17:06   #3

Hi Guys, PM'd you. Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 17-10-2015, 00:33   #4

Hello!

Email sent!
Old 22-10-2015, 16:15   #5

We are interested in your sailing opportunity. I am particularly interested in sailing that area of the world. We have spent a great deal of time in Central America and can help with onshore excursions as well as knowledge of the ports in the area.

Our Background

I have co-captained a 42 Lagoon (cat) from Savannah to Georgetown Bahamas (4 months), a 40 Beneteau from Key West to Cuba (3 weeks), a 36 Columbia from Hamilton Ontario to Nova Scotia, with 10 locks (5 weeks) and some other trips in Trinidad and Brazil. We also have sailed the Great Lakes. I have Bare Boat certification AYA 104 and a bunch of other certificates such as VHF, weather, and navigation. I am very safety conscious, but love to have fun and enjoy life - and don't smoke or use drugs. We are both musicians, and I used to be a professional photographer and filmmaker. We are retired, fit and healthy and have interests in nutrition and health. We have also run numerous film festivals in Canada and Central America since retiring - we have a library of films.

My wife is the happiest person I know or have ever met (former teacher). She is a GREAT cook (Competent Crew certified) and a great person. She and I speak enough Spanish to muddle through most situations. We have spent the last 4 winters (6 months each) in Costa Rica with trips to Nicaragua and Panama. We can provide references if necessary.

I would love to talk and hear more about your plans. Please contact us if you are interested in going forward. paul-at-paulweigel-point-com

Paul and Margaret

Tags
Costa Rica, Panama, sea of cortez