Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2018, 03:42   #1

Sailing in the NYC area

Hey everyone,

About me: I'm a 22 year old living in the NYC area looking to expand my sailing experience. I've loved sailing from the first time I pushed off but unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to do much during college.

Experience: The only yacht experience I have is a 2.5 week trip in the Caribbean sailing from island to island in the St. Kitts and Nevis area. We lived on a 42' cat and learned the basics of navigation, rigging, and maintenance. Outside of that trip I have a lot of experience being on the water. I rowed competitively for 3 years and sail little boats in the Adirondacks.

The trip was a couple of years ago so I will be working to refresh my sailing knowledge while looking for opportunities in the NYC area.

Availability: I'm working full time but I'm willing to travel anywhere in the NYC area for evening or weekend sails. I'm also more than happy to spend a few vacation days for a longer trip.

I'm a fast learner, hard worker, and excellent listener. Looking forward to sailing!

Best,
Josh
jpas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nyc, sail, sailing