Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 13:27   #1

PPJ / trans Pacific : experienced (27,000nm) volunteer crew

- 43yo USA citizen volunteer crew w/ clear passport.
- ~27,000nm sailing exp in last 5 years, mostly water.html" target="_blank">blue-IRJDSUNE9932123321222xxeww-water passages.
- lots of references, most of whom I've sailed with multiple times.
- easygoing, can-do attitude. Cruiser, not a racer.
- sailing resume available upon request. Detailed OCL/FaC profiles as well.
- cost sharing for food and some operational expenses is fine.

Just completed ARC+ route (Canaries -> Cabo Verde -> Martinique) passage. Had a wonderful time with lots of dolphin and whale sightings, and caught more fish than we could eat. Great experience.

Now interested in joining an E->W transpacific passage such as Pacific Puddle Jump or an independent doing a similar route in or around Feb/Mar/Apr. Completed the 2015 PPJ, so not my first time on this route.

I like helping people move their boats from A to B.

Slight preference for cats on longer passages but monos are fine, too. Helping with deliveries is also fine and I'm quite good at both applying and removing all the painter's tape as well as not breaking anything or scratching the teak.

Enjoy fishing on passage and am not entirely horrible at it. Nothing like fresh mahi and/or tuna while on passage. Usually use fixed paracord hand lines with mono leaders for simplicity but happy to use whatever gear you have.

Have done a fair amount (27k nm) of sailing with a fair amount of different people and know the drill pretty well. If the above sounds interesting, drop me a line and let's chat. Ideally would love to help someone all the way to Australia (have done Fiji -> Oz before) but happy with smaller passages along the way.
shoej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 10:46   #2

Re: PPJ / trans Pacific : experienced (27,000nm) volunteer crew

Thank you for the PMs. I'm now committed to crewing for a vessel making the crossing from Panama -> Marquesas.

Still available starting in early-mid May for passages from the Marquesas onward, or any South Pacific passages in general.
shoej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, enc