Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2016, 13:57   #1

Boat: HR 46
NYC-Bermuda-Caribbean on Hallberg-Rassy 46 Scattergood

We are looking for experienced crew to join us for enjoyable adventure sailing aboard our boat, Scattergood as we journey south this fall from New York City to Bermuda and then Grenada / Lesser Antilles. Dates of travel are November 10th through December 1st, 2016. Crew change is possible in Bermuda around November 18th.

I am a veteran sailor in my 40s joined by my girlfriend for a year-long sailing sabbatical. We are an easy-going and professional couple interested in finding amiable individuals to help keep watch on offshore legs. Sailing experience is a must and offshore knowledge a big plus. We’re looking for smart, open-minded people who can contribute energy and ideas to the sailing adventure. Amateur marine biologists, gourmets, astronomers... welcome.

Travel expenses such as food, fuel and dockage are shared equally.

Scattergood is a Hallberg-Rassy 46 from 1999, a Swedish built Frers design. The boat has a center cockpit with a secure helm position and windshield. The interior is spacious with two bunk rooms and a head forward and master cabin aft. The boat has a diesel generator, electric furling mainsail, chart plotter with AIS, Autopilot, etc. The liferaft is to date and all the safety equipment is in good order. The boat is excellent condition.

Let us know if you are interested.
Old 18-10-2016, 16:58   #2

Boat: Buccaneer 27; Hobie 18
Re: NYC-Bermuda-Caribbean on Hallberg-Rassy 46 Scattergood

Any idea where you plan to be in the spring?
Old 20-10-2016, 01:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockall View Post
We are looking for experienced crew to join us for enjoyable adventure sailing aboard our boat, Scattergood as we journey south this fall from New York City to Bermuda and then Grenada / Lesser Antilles. Dates of travel are November 10th through December 1st, 2016. Crew change is possible in Bermuda around November 18th.

I am a veteran sailor in my 40s joined by my girlfriend for a year-long sailing sabbatical. We are an easy-going and professional couple interested in finding amiable individuals to help keep watch on offshore legs. Sailing experience is a must and offshore knowledge a big plus. We’re looking for smart, open-minded people who can contribute energy and ideas to the sailing adventure. Amateur marine biologists, gourmets, astronomers... welcome.

Travel expenses such as food, fuel and dockage are shared equally.

Scattergood is a Hallberg-Rassy 46 from 1999, a Swedish built Frers design. The boat has a center cockpit with a secure helm position and windshield. The interior is spacious with two bunk rooms and a head forward and master cabin aft. The boat has a diesel generator, electric furling mainsail, chart plotter with AIS, Autopilot, etc. The liferaft is to date and all the safety equipment is in good order. The boat is excellent condition.

Let us know if you are interested.
Hi there,
Sounds like a good opportunity and I am interested. I am a licensed coastal skipper with good sailing experience. I recently completed the necessary requirements (GMDSS certification and offshore sea time), on my way to receiving the offshore license. I am a professional as well on a sabbatical and considered by the people who know me to be easy going and friendly. Would love to hear from you.
You can email me: jonbirion at gmail dot com
Cheers!
Old 20-10-2016, 17:26   #4

Boat: 19' Lightning

Might be interested in the Bermuda/south leg. I have >5000 miles offshore experience, 40 yrs of sailing experience, owned >a dozen boats. CV on request.
Old 21-10-2016, 07:39   #5

Just joined the forum as I have a little downtime right now. Been daysailing a Tanzer 22 in Lake Ontario (off Toronto) this summer. Got out a couple of dozen times. Have what I would call Beginner-Intermediate skills and very motivated to improve them. Will do the Great Lakes Loop next summer and need to get ready for that. Could make myself available for NYC>Bermuda if you're willing to take somewhat fairly green when it comes to ocean sailing. Cheers!
Old 28-10-2016, 08:25   #6

Hi , Me and my wife would love to join you on your adventure. At least part of it. We are in the early stages of getting a boat of our own and joining the cruising world. But first we are hoping to meet up with people like you to learn from. We have arranged to be off of work from Nov 19 to Dec 20. I can also get time of at the end of Jan for about 3 weeks too if that would fit your schedule better.

A little about us. We are in our early thirties and currently living in Columbus OH. I am an airline pilot and my wife (Flavia) has just finished law school and studying for the bar exam. She is from Brazil and I am originally from WV. We used to live in Fort Lauderdale when I was doing flight training. Thats when I it into my head that I wanted to sail and I havent been able to shake it.

We would love to hear more about you and your plans and if it looks like our schedules could work out maybe set up a meeting over drinks.

Hope to hear from you soon.
304 550 5746
kevin.varallo@gmail.com

Kevin and Flavia

Tags
Bermuda, Caribbean, nyc, rib