Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2018, 09:47   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
NY to Bermuda-Antigua early/mid oct.

Need one (two?) crewmembers for a relaxed unhurried delivery from LI NY to Bermuda, then on to Antigua. The boat is a clean 27 Hunter with a Yanmar diesel and autopilot, and many extra sails. I can provide all your food and water (good quality provisions not bargain crap) and a few/three weeks of sailing around the windwards onboard to the USVI, in other words, you will not be kicked off as soon as we arrive. The third mate need not have fantastic depth of sailing exp. but will need to steer and stand watches for up to ten days at a stretch. 3x8=24
If weather turns we will sail for comfort off course. Plan on being onboard for around three to four weeks for the delivery, shakedown and drills on LI Sound, and another month in the Caribbean. Plan on joining the boat somewhere near Eastern LI/CT. You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the boat, with some flexibility as to your destination down there.
Please PM details.
sonAdmiralson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 13:25   #2

Re: NY to Bermuda-Antigua early/mid oct.

I'm giving this a bump since we have more than one boat sailing in this direction, as we hope for in this kind of work. Any prospective buddy boats please let me know.
Old 23-08-2018, 13:52   #3

Boat: Beneteau first 26

Unfortunately I am in canaries :/
gmakhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 15:14   #4

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonAdmiralson View Post
Need one (two?) crewmembers for a relaxed unhurried delivery from LI NY to Bermuda, then on to Antigua. The boat is a clean 27 Hunter with a Yanmar diesel and autopilot, and many extra sails. I can provide all your food and water (good quality provisions not bargain crap) and a few/three weeks of sailing around the windwards onboard to the USVI, in other words, you will not be kicked off as soon as we arrive. The third mate need not have fantastic depth of sailing exp. but will need to steer and stand watches for up to ten days at a stretch. 3x8=24
If weather turns we will sail for comfort off course. Plan on being onboard for around three to four weeks for the delivery, shakedown and drills on LI Sound, and another month in the Caribbean. Plan on joining the boat somewhere near Eastern LI/CT. You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the boat, with some flexibility as to your destination down there.
Please PM details.

You're planning to sail a 27 ft Hunter from LI to Bermuda in Oct. with three people. Good luck to you my friend, that will be one nasty trip. Doesn't look like too many takers, I can well understand why. Have you done this before? Have you crossed the stream in the Fall? You might want to rethink your plan. If you're headed for the Virgins, take the ditch to Ft Lauderdale and then cross over to the Bahamas and island hop your way south. I really don't think its wise to be 700 miles offshore in a 27 ft hunter in Oct.

Just sayin'
robmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 11:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmo View Post
You're planning to sail a 27 ft Hunter from LI to Bermuda in Oct. with three people. Good luck to you my friend, that will be one nasty trip. Doesn't look like too many takers, I can well understand why. Have you done this before? Have you crossed the stream in the Fall? You might want to rethink your plan. If you're headed for the Virgins, take the ditch to Ft Lauderdale and then cross over to the Bahamas and island hop your way south. I really don't think its wise to be 700 miles offshore in a 27 ft hunter in Oct.

Just sayin'
Yeah was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't do that in my Hunter 30... eek
Old 01-09-2018, 07:36   #6

Any of you chickens try to sail the "thorny path from Fl to Antigua? You don't know what your talking about. Rt 66 is broad reaches all the way. Your advice is to sail upwind. Taking it on the nose the whole way. We are tagging along withe the salty dog rally....all senior sailors.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:37   #7

Woof woof not cluck cluck
Old 01-09-2018, 07:41   #8

Oh ,and the boat is a34 Cal Jensen ,not a 27 Hunter now. Ended up with a nicer boat

Tags
Bermuda, Antigua