Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2019, 20:27   #1

Nov 2019-Mar 2020, Single/48/F Looking to Avoid N. Amer Winter

Hello, Cruisers! I am a recently retired US veteran looking to escape the North American winter this year. I have always dreamed about sailing and have not had the opportunity to do so until now. I hope someone has a boat out there that can help my dream come true. I will be available from mid-November until the end of March and am able to board from just about anywhere. I hope to hear from you soon!
PatBonetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 14:15   #2

Re: Nov 2019-Mar 2020, Single/48/F Looking to Avoid N. Amer Winter

Hi Pat,
nice to meet you here.
what qualifies you as a boat crew member and what was your position / task in the military?

I have in mind to go from west palm beach florida to cockburn town on a mcgregor 26. I am a boating professional and have all safety / medical ENG1, STCW, AFF, up to date. My experience is on motoryachts though and I don't know much about sailing. with a mcgregor one can stay close to shore and beach the boat at night. With empty ballast tank you can use it as a motorboat (if we can find fuel).
I have spent over a week in the BVI's with a friend on a 15" RIB with a 15hp engine.
Tortola, jost van dyke, bitter end, willy T, ... sleeping on the beach or in front of the all inclusive hotel on their sun chairs and showering on the beach. 300 miles in a dinghy, I had the blast of my lifetime.
the trip I have in mind is not going to be luxurious, and not fast. It's an adventure. Island hopping, from one to another, about 6 hours sailing each day and then a bonfire on an uninhabited island (many are), ...,there will be no fridge, no internet, no cell phone, no electricity, no make up, no hotels, and often only taking a bath in the ocean. and this can be nasty when you don't get fresh water for 3-4 days. the salt dries and makes you feel uncomfortably. but a steadily beached boat at night.

watch "Miami to Exuma Bahamas on Sea-Doos" on youtube. something similar.
huramentzefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:18   #3

Boat: 56' CNSO Mikado Cutter Ketch

Hi Pat,

We are planning the next leg of our trip from Florida to San Francisco via Panama Canal in December or early January.

Solace (56' cutter ketch) is currently in Rio Dulce, Guatemala.

I have a couple crew members that are going to continue with me and I'm looking for 1-2 more.

If you are interested we can start a conversation and see where it leads :-)

Jeff
321-607-4280
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 09:57   #4

Boat: Ericson 39

I have a 1971 Ericson 39, currently in Hancock Harbor NJ just off Delaware Bay.
I want to sail to Florida first then through the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos to Dominican Republic.
I'm hoping to leave late October or Early November.
The boat is very seaworthy but not fancy.
I sailed her here with a friend from Greenport N.Y.
I'm 52 and easy to get along with.
I'm studying for my OUPV Captain's licence and expect to have passed the test by Sept 7.
I have room for one or two other easy going people who want to share an adventure.
I don't need someone with a lot of experience but a willingness to learn is essential.
Contact me if you're interested.
305-998-8442
WesHeald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 10:28   #5

Boat: Hunter Legend 350

Hi ,
I am just responding to your ad. I recently (May) purchased a 1987 Hunter Legend 350. It is on the hard in Fort Pierce FL. I am driving down from Canada next week and other than a quick bottom paint job will be dropping water.
PLan will be to cut across the intercoastal to Fort Myers by mid to late Sept.

After that plan to be in the Keys for the Month of Oct maybe Nov. with no set plans, long term to sail it on the coast over to Guatemala for end Mar and leave it there for the summer.
But most of that time will be open to sailing wherever, with no set schedule.

Also I am a retired Canadian Sailor with a marine systems background.

Send me an email and will discuss further.

Cheers

Colin
BlackMac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 10:05   #6

The chill is in the air, the Bahamas beckons for an adventurous crew who would like to experience cruising with a competent, experienced skipper and a well-outfitted vessel. more info fredstug@gmail.com Leaving Nov, returning March of so. guaranteed to catch more lobster than you can eat !
Ranger2727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single