Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 06:48   #1

Boat: Prout Quest 31
Northeast US to Fl Sept 2019

Non-paid, all onboard meals, marina and fuel expenses paid by skipper.
Seeking to maintain 2 crew (partial legs too) to join me in mid september offshore from the northeast USA around the keys and up to Tampa area - coming inside ICW from Norfolk to N. Carolina. I avoid the "graveyard of the Atlantic." Alternate route may be inside the Chesapeake and ICW to N. Carolina before going outside again.

Crew must be experienced, and reliable to take overnight watches. Smokers downwind and responsible alcohol use only when we're safely moored or docked.

Arrow is a Prout Quest 31 catamaran that's made trans-Atlantic trips and I've taken her up and down the ICW and offshore several times in the 5 years I've sailed her. If interested I can email links to pics of the boat from prior trips

The boat is very safe, well equipped and I use Chris Parker shore based weather advisory along with on-spot satellite communicator. Wifi and cell boosters aboard as well. My practice is to maximize anchorages and taking a marina slip as needed for crew comfort. I'm a maniac for safety.

If you can make all or part of this trip please get in touch!
jvolpehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:07   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 44i SO
Re: Northeast US to Fl Sept 2019

Left you a private message.
l2ridehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Left you a private message.

Sorry...nothing in my inbox!
Christyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 13:32   #4

Hello,
My former colleague and I, both in our 60s and living near Tampa, are interested. He has more experience, by far, having owned several live-aboard sailboats in the 30-foot range, and made long-distance sails on his boats and those owned by friends.
I am a Pennsylvania native and longtime Florida resident who grew up in Miami. I am a former boat owner, and for 6 years put together annual weeklong bareboat charters on a 65-foot ketch. Crew duties included night watches, galley chores, assisting with docking and sails.
Would it be possible to see a photo of your Cat?
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 14:33   #5

Hello, I would be interested. 30+ years sailing and boating in Chesapeake, Florida ICW, keys and offshore Cape Canaveral. Retired, 60 and fit. Own my own S/V and in porcess of OUPV license. PM sent.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:57   #6

Boat: Prout Quest 31

This trip has been cancelled due to mechanical failure
jvolpehoo is offline   Reply With Quote