Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2017, 05:42   #1

Boat: Hunter 27
North Myrtle Beach to Dinner Key (Miami) - All or Part

I've sold my Hunter 27 and it needs to be moved from North Myrtle Beach to Dinner Key near Miami. Will consider any of the options below, if interested then please contact me via email (lawdoc58 <at> msn.com).

1. Captain and single crew member to handle the transfer without owner/seller on board.

2. Captain to sail with a minimally experienced crew member ( a relative of the owner) for any part of the trip.

3. An experienced crew member for any part of trip from a few miles to the whole trip. This option allows for multiple crews to jump on/off for short port-to-port sailing. I will likely be onboard for this option.

Women are encouraged for this trip, especially if you are a bit experienced with move movement &/or coastal cruising. I would also like the company for what would likely be a two-week trip.

Costs to be paid by the purchaser; which may include overnight slip/tie-up services, food, non-alcoholic beverages (maybe some of the other, depends on final budget), and your one-way travel from Miami to your port of origination.

The boat is in good shape. Has a small diesel inboard (makes about 4 - 6 kts), two sails (main and genoa), and a working galley. Private head (can be closed from rest of cabin) and front birth provide good privacy when wanted.
doc_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 04:09   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: North Myrtle Beach to Dinner Key (Miami) - All or Part

I am a captain based out of St Augustine and am available for option #1. Pm me for references,prices,etc...
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 14:55   #3

Thanks to the captains that have responded (and those that are interested in the adventure). The buyer of the boat has set his limit for the trip at $2500, which is for everything.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:50   #4

Sent you an email.
Mojo_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 14:12   #5

Hello. My name is Mike and I am an experienced sailor based in Merritt Island, FL. I have helped to deliver boats from as far as Cape Lookout, near short to Cape Canaveral. ICW or offshore is ok. I am willing to crew with a captain or act as an experienced sailor with a captain/owner. I am familiar with small auxiliaries (own a Colombia 8.7). I do this for the fun, adventure and experience (all I ask is to cover expenses). I am retired and time isn't normally an issue. Feel free to give me a call at 321-543-8144 if this sounds good to you. Please leave a message as I do screen my calls.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 16:21   #6

UPDATE -- Crew not needed now

Howdy all ...

Thanks for the many replies I got; looks like I've got a good selection of folks for possible future deals. For this one, though, the need for a crew fell through on me. The buyer (Ebay) failed to make the final payment. Thankfully, I got a non-refundable deposit and I've been able to resell the boat. Long and short of it, I no longer need someone to get it to Miami. The new buyer is local, so he'll take possession at the marina.

Again, thanks for the replies and here's hoping you have good winds and clear skies!

Tags
miami