Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 14:29   #1

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,
Norfolk VA to Cape May NJ

I am reposting, as cannot change the title to the new destination and point of departure.
I just finished my Morehead City to Norfolk via Cape Hatteras leg.

Need help to sail my boat from Norfolk VA to Cape May NJ area in a few days weather depending, will be coastal(outside).
Is a Cape Dory 30 MKII 1987
The boat is equipped with AIS, Radar, Chartplotter EPIRB, Personal AIS beacon, Marine Radio, Garmin InReach Explorer and liferaft.
Because has Nature'head composting head I ask you to read its use as requires some different "techniques" if you are a woman or a man, some links I found but please read them, I know some people like them others not, and this is a "deal breaker".
Please contact me via PM with all your questions, about boat, equipment, watch schedule and what you consider important regarding safety, duties, etc, and personal info(regarding the sailing experience), and that includes requesting info about me.
The sail should be 2 to 4 days with one or three nights, weather depending, availability of transient docking space in Cape May, etc.
I will cover provisioning the boat and all costs associated with the boat. You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the boat, this could be negotiated.
The boat is alcohol-free, drug-free, and tobacco-free. No exceptions.
If on medications I need to know.
If any medical condition I need to know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=natu...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://compostingtoiletsusa.com/nat...ked-questions/

https://natureshead.net/user_guide/
Old 17-06-2019, 15:04   #2

Boat: ChrisCraft,Connie,37ft
Re: Norfolk VA to Cape May NJ

Not certain when you are planning the trip but I am available till July 8.or after July 18.
Used to have the old "MotorBoat Operators" license but as you know you have to keep up sea time to renew every 5 years.
Plenty of experience both sail and power.
Seven years at sea back in the 80's and single handed from Florida to Jamaica on my own 25' sloop.
Old 17-06-2019, 17:24   #3

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

pm sent
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:57   #4

Boat: 1988 Morgan Classic 41

Not sure when you’re make this leg. I’ll be making a delivery to Norfolk at the end of the season from the lower keys and I could always hop on with you. I’m currently driving a 41 Morgan for 6 day charters. Also I don’t need a return flight because I fly for free.
Dive_Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote