Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2019, 04:31   #1

Boat: Hunter 45DS
New Boat owner looking for day sail crew with local knowledge of Patapsco river area

Just bought an 88 Hunter 33.5 that is currently docked in Pasadena, MD. Looking for a couple of people with sailing and local experience to show me the area.

I live in Richmond, VA and will be moving the boat down the bay closer to home later this month, but would love to get out and do some sailing up there in the interim.

Will provide some food and drinks for crew.

Would also consider paying a local captain or instructor for a day.
BradRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:00   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: New Boat owner looking for day sail crew with local knowledge of Patapsco river a

Dear Brad/Rob I am a highly experienced and professional training coach in the Annapolis area and may have some availability for a training day with you in the next few weeks. I will send you a private message. Thanks Paul Foer
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:16   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283
Re: New Boat owner looking for day sail crew with local knowledge of Patapsco river a

Put your message on the boards at local yacht clubs marinas chandlers.

BTW, nice offer Paul.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:20   #4
Marine Service Provider

Thanks! Chandlers? I used to hear that word a lot...but that was a long time ago
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:32   #5

Boat: 39' Custom built junk rigged cat ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradRob View Post
Just bought an 88 Hunter 33.5 that is currently docked in Pasadena, MD. Looking for a couple of people with sailing and local experience to show me the area.

I live in Richmond, VA and will be moving the boat down the bay closer to home later this month, but would love to get out and do some sailing up there in the interim.

Will provide some food and drinks for crew.

Would also consider paying a local captain or instructor for a day.
If the boat is docked in Pasadena, I suspect it's on Rock Creek which is our neighborhood. We'd be happy to go out with you. Neither of us are sailing coaches, but have sailed fairly widely for 35 years.

Enjoy the boat, this is a nice time of year.
fourlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:50   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Annapolis View Post
Thanks! Chandlers? I used to hear that word a lot...but that was a long time ago
A perfectly fine word, lots easier than ‘place where you go to acquire stuff for a boat’.

English can be so very precise if one only learns the words. Unfortunately, English is not spoke much any more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E864D7B-2331-47F4-8F81-ACA511526CDF.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	201386  
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 08:41   #7

Boat: Hunter 45DS

Thanks for the replies, ideas and the offers! The seller and I are trying to coordinate our schedules this week to get out. Depending on the weather I am hoping to move the boat down to bay to Deltaville, VA sometime next week. I have my ASA instructor that is scheduled to join me for that trip.

If we run into any delays and the boat is going to stay in MD any longer I will reach out to you @fourlyons for some local sailing (and yes you are correct the boat is on Rock Creek!). @Paul Annapolis thank you for your offer and if I am looking for some professional instruction I will definitely reach out.

Thanks again all!
BradRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, cal, crew, sail