Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 18:24   #16

Boat: Gulfstar 68'
Re: Melbourne to Bali (and all the way to the Caribbean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasnack View Post
Hi James
Please send the itinerary with ETD.
I have am experienced seaman and navigation skills. My partner cooks sensational pasta!
We are both in our early 50's and planning to purchase our own cruiser in the near future.
gee.bee@live.com.au
George & Santeena
Hi George and Santeena,
Where are you both based?
Old 04-05-2016, 18:30   #17

Boat: Pearson 367

PM sent
Old 04-05-2016, 23:00   #18

Hi James,

We are interested all the way, you can contact me anytime, we are flexible and looking forward for the adventure all the way. let me know what method you prefer to contact. Currently near Coffs Harbour.

Kindest regards
Andrew
Old 05-05-2016, 05:24   #19

Hi James, I am interested in your trip would love to join you for some of it, possibly with my wife. Or at least, if our schedules don't match up observe your adventure. I am in Ballarat and would love to meet up and find out the planed route and time frame, and see how you are preparing for the trip, as well as gain some inspiration to start my own.
nick
Old 05-05-2016, 05:47   #20

Boat: DUNCANSON 40' PILOTHHOUSE

Hi James.
Read your post this morning and am very interested. My name is Jos Kovacs and I am living aboard my 40' yacht up in Sydney at present. Sailed her from Adelaide last year and I've been working on the Harbour, skippering boats.
I'm 54, and have the following qualifications:
Master 4
MED 2
Commercial Skipper - yachts and power boats
Qualified Carpenter/Builder/Shipwright
Aquaculturalist
A lot of my background has been a mix between commercial fishing and tourism hospitality, guiding. I've skippered most vessels in most States of Oz.
Was a Commercial Diver, but got the Bends badly so snorkelling only now.
I've worked as a Professional Fishing Guide for 9 years as well.
Anyway, I'm ready for something new and when I saw your post, went "that's me, I have to contact this guy.
I also have a mate who is a qualified Boiler maker/ Fabricator, and is is dead keen too.
We have discussed the idea and would be happy to commit to the whole trip.
We use to work to gather in Pittwater, Sydney building wharves, jetties and boat sheds, etc. We're good mates, both hard working and easy going. Both keen on the idea of doing this trip with you.
It would be great to talk to you further and discuss options and whether we would be suitable, as I know as exciting and adventurous as it seems, in fact, there is a lot of seriousness to making it a happy and successful voyage.
I'd be keen to hear back from you and talk more.
Best Regards

Jos
Old 05-05-2016, 12:00   #21

Sounds like an amazing trip on a great looking boat with excellent, experienced sailors. I'm sure you'll have many applicants. My name is Randy Cullimore, I'm a fairly experienced sailor, owned my own boat, a CS 27 on Lake Ontario, Canada for 16 years, and have sailed also in British Columbia, the Bahamas and New Zealand. I have basic navigation skills, understand sailing well, experience on various boats although nothing as large as Mr. Percival. I'm 66 years old although most folks think I'm much younger and am quite fit and have no substance abuse issues, enjoy a drink now and then but not in a chronic sense.
I would love to do at least part of your trip and would be free after Sept. this year, assume by mid year you mean you're planning to leave around July. I am financially secure so sharing expenses sounds excellent. Would be interested really in any part of your trip even the return portion. Also I don't get seasick, have never chundered on a boat.
Realize you've probably had many interested folks but if you might have a spot for me, let me know, I love sailing and am easy-going.
Love the video you put together.
Cheers, Randy Cullimore (rjcullimore@hotmail.com) 705-749-8868
Old 06-05-2016, 04:50   #22

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder

Had a look at the trip plan,
No doubt you are aware the distances on legs 1&2 are not correct?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 06-05-2016, 05:37   #23

Hi James,

This opportunity sounds amazing. I am new to this forum and am not sure how to contact you directly, or send pm, but perhaps you could provide an address.

Many Thanks,

Stephen
Old 08-05-2016, 03:21   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdig View Post
Had a look at the trip plan,
No doubt you are aware the distances on legs 1&2 are not correct?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Melbourne to sydney - aprox 560nm - seems about right?
Sydney to Brisbane - aprox 480nm - also seems right?

(ignore the detailed short legs later in the doc - they are left over from the previous trip - i still have to fill in the details for the small legs) i just wanted to give everyone an idea of the detail that the passage plans will contain - that is 1 of 4 and still requires a lot of work to finish it)

James
Old 08-05-2016, 05:53   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCraig View Post
Hi George and Santeena,
Where are you both based?
James
We are based in Perth
Old 09-05-2016, 00:48   #26

Hi James, new to this site & answered earlier, but not sure if the post went through as I cannot see it. Your trip sounds great & it would be an honour to join you for a fair portion, if possible. I am South African, living in Durban, but am visiting Melbourne next week for a short visit. I'm a fun loving 58 yr old (going on 20), mostly retired am committed to a circumnavigation, which is why your post got my attention. I have limited sailing experience, but have been on the water since knee-high to a grasshopper, but on motor launches, having owned many myself. I also fly fixed wing and choppers for fun, licenced in both. I'm into cooking, a cabinet maker by trade so good with the hands.

It would be great to meet you for a coffee/beer while in Melbourne so you can decide whether I could fit in with your plans, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My email addy is errol@simpkins.co.za, if you mail me your contact details, I will call you as soon as I arrive in Aus on Thursday (I'm currently in Auckland).

Kind regards
Errol
Old 09-05-2016, 18:57   #27

Boat: Flying Junior 13'

I am from Trinidad, would be great to help you on a leg but not sure yet. Fair Winds and Following Seas to you though!
Old 09-05-2016, 21:50   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko55 View Post
Hi James, I am interested in your trip would love to join you for some of it, possibly with my wife. Or at least, if our schedules don't match up observe your adventure. I am in Ballarat and would love to meet up and find out the planed route and time frame, and see how you are preparing for the trip, as well as gain some inspiration to start my own.
nick
Hi Nick,
When will you be in Melbourne next?
Very happy to meet you at the yacht up in St Kilda.
my number is 0449900842
Old 09-05-2016, 21:52   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol Simpkins View Post
Hi James, new to this site & answered earlier, but not sure if the post went through as I cannot see it. Your trip sounds great & it would be an honour to join you for a fair portion, if possible. I am South African, living in Durban, but am visiting Melbourne next week for a short visit. I'm a fun loving 58 yr old (going on 20), mostly retired am committed to a circumnavigation, which is why your post got my attention. I have limited sailing experience, but have been on the water since knee-high to a grasshopper, but on motor launches, having owned many myself. I also fly fixed wing and choppers for fun, licenced in both. I'm into cooking, a cabinet maker by trade so good with the hands.

It would be great to meet you for a coffee/beer while in Melbourne so you can decide whether I could fit in with your plans, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My email addy is errol@simpkins.co.za, if you mail me your contact details, I will call you as soon as I arrive in Aus on Thursday (I'm currently in Auckland).

Kind regards
Errol
Hi Errol,
Please make sure you do call me when you get here.
my number is +61449900842 (or 0449900842 locally)
James
Old 09-05-2016, 21:54   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinfrancis View Post
I am from Trinidad, would be great to help you on a leg but not sure yet. Fair Winds and Following Seas to you though!
By all means, make sure you stay in touch.
James

Tags
Caribbean, rib