Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2014, 11:21   #1

Boat: Hanse 505 14.85mt
Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
Mediterranean, Caribbean , Panama ,Galápagos Islands

Hi! I'm now living on board my 50' Hanse 505 (2014 ). For many years I dreamed of sailing the pacific islands and living a life amongst the peoples of those islands. I started by buying a half built yacht and then due to changing jobs and moving 5000kms I sold it. Big mistake. I am now 60 and its taken me this long to get my plan back on track.

In April 2014, after retiring I stepped aboard my new yacht with all the mod cons. AS she is new I plan on spending June 2014 running her in and getting her completely ready for an extended cruise around the Baltic Sea and the down to Southern Spain . Then spend 2015 in the Mediterranean before crossing the Atlantic with the ARC Rally and spending some time in the Caribbean, before heading through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific and up into Asia. Total time frame is around 5 years.

I'm looking for like minded persons to share parts of this experience. Sailing experience is not necessary but handy, but being handy with tools is a definite plus! Love for international adventure and meeting new people is a requirement.

My primary goal is to travel the seas and enjoy; I've visited over 40 countries and have loved every minute of it! I want to share this adventure with like minded persons using the 2 double cabins I have available on board on a crew contribution shared cost basis.

Hanse Sailor is a well-equipped and comfortable home. She has hot and cold running water, a 5 kw diesel generator, a gas oven with 3-burner range, gas BBQ grill, 4 private sleeping quarters,2 head with shower and toilet, an entertainment centre and flat screen TV, refrigerator and freezer, 2 full-size folding bicycles, 3000 Watt inverter, and a 600 Amp Hour battery bank.

Hanse boats are true blue-water cruisers that are designed and built to cross oceans. Hanse Sailor has a self tacking jib and mainsail , a 75HP Volvo diesel engine, Sat Phone, VHF and SSB Radios, 3 colour B&G Chart plotters and Auto Pilot, AIS, 600lt water capacity, Water Maker 150lt /hr, 300lt fuel capacity (diesel), 20lt hot water capacity, 3 bilge pumps , EPIRB satellite emergency transponder, digital wind speed / direction indicator, depth sounder, GPS / 3 colour B & G chart plotters, plow anchor, electric anchor windless, and a 3.85mt Zodiac dinghy with 9.9
HP Yamaha outboard. on a davit.

I am currently in Germany after sailing around Denmark preparing the her for the 42 day ARC Baltic Rally where I have crew coming from Germany, Australia , New Zealand and the USA..

I then have a change of crew on August 18 for the voyage from Denmark to Spain coming from England , USA and Australia.

So the Mediterranean in 2015 is the start of my next adventure where I will welcome crew from around the world either for a short holiday or a longer voyage. Maybe you want to try this life style out before you take the plunge yourself.

So, how about it? Does this sound like the way you want to live your life? If so, please contact me . Tell me about your life thus far, why the cruising lifestyle appeals to you, your thoughts on where we might sail, your tolerance for experiencing new cultures and meeting new people, etc. The more information that you can provide in your initial response, the better.
Old 22-06-2014, 13:41   #2

Re: Mediterranean, Caribbean , Panama ,Galápagos Islands

Sounds like a great opportunity for the right person and would be more than happy to give you a lengthy reply but can you give me an idea on what the shared costs would be first? Thanks!
Old 22-06-2014, 22:20   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor

Thanks for your reply. Costs will depend on which segment you are interested in and wether you are a single or double cabin. For example if you are looking at 2 or 3 weeks in the MED ( Greece want to introduce a 300 euro fee to be in their waters) or 4 weeks on the ARC Atlantic Rally or stay for a year. Andy
Old 23-06-2014, 12:15   #4

Boat: Com-Pac 23

Look forward to being part of the crew in the Med next year Andy, just sorry that business got in the way of the Denmark to Med trip this year!
Hoping also for some crewing on your more distant voyages as well. Retirement will enable participation!
Old 24-06-2014, 09:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd View Post
Look forward to being part of the crew in the Med next year Andy, just sorry that business got in the way of the Denmark to Med trip this year!
Hoping also for some crewing on your more distant voyages as well. Retirement will enable participation!
Thanks Robert, See you in Italy next year. Will be great sailing into Venice!!

This topic has had 333 hits in 3 days and a few PM's. So should have some more company on board to keep the crew busy.( washing, cleaning & cooking)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Downloads.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	83680  
Old 26-06-2014, 09:27   #6

You profile is incredible magnetic to me, i have studied aviation mechanics and even permaculture and agriculture but naver sailing although is a passion of mine and always have wanted to do it, i was born in cuba and flew to miami as a kid and wanted to travel afar for a while..... if you do ever pass by miami and need a good crew hit me up my name is Frnak and would be able to share more if interested 786 422 2414
Old 26-06-2014, 20:16   #7

I'm interested in joining you in the leg from Europe to the Caribbean if it is in 2016. I've had some good basic experience in the Med, crewed a 57' ketch from Cabo to San Diego & sailed several times in the Caribbean (BVI & West Indies). I own a 30' sloop on a lake in Dallas, TX and am searching for a good fit to crew on a Trans Atlantic in 2016. If the timing sounds reasonable for you, let me know & I'll give you more of my Bio. Your trip sounds amazing. Thanks.

Mark Smith

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 20-07-2014, 00:09   #8

This is phenomenal adventure sounds ideal. Would there be room for one more on the crew anytime between the beginning of August and the end of September 2014 or June through the end of september 2015? If so, I'd happily send my bio and what I can contribute to the excursion.

Cheers,
Garrett M.
Old 20-07-2014, 00:10   #9

This phenomenal adventure sounds ideal! Would there be room for one more on the crew anytime between the beginning of August and the end of September 2014 or June through the end of September 2015? If so, I'd happily send my bio and what I can contribute to the excursion.

Cheers,
Garrett M.
Old 20-07-2014, 13:01   #10

[QUOTE=markhefley;1572929]I'm interested in joining you in the leg from Europe to the Caribbean if it is in 2016. I've had some good basic experience in the Med, crewed a 57' ketch from Cabo to San Diego & sailed several times in the Caribbean (BVI & West Indies). I own a 30' sloop on a lake in Dallas, TX and am searching for a good fit to crew on a Trans Atlantic in 2016. If the timing sounds reasonable for you, let me know & I'll give you more of my Bio. Your trip sounds amazing. Thanks.

Hi Mark, I will be doing the ARC Atlantic in 2016 so send me a PM and lets talk about it and see where we get to.
Old 20-07-2014, 13:04   #11

[QUOTE=gmeans48;1588244]This phenomenal adventure sounds ideal! Would there be room for one more on the crew anytime between the beginning of August and the end of September 2014 or June through the end of September 2015? If so, I'd happily send my bio and what I can contribute to the excursion.

Hi Garrett, I have 2 crew positions available from September 08 for 20 days as we move from France to the east coast of Spain.
Old 22-07-2014, 06:18   #12

Hi, my name is Goran, I am 46 yo, born in croatia, living in New York, I am filmmaker. I sail for 20 years, I am recently devorced an first time in my life have some spear time to spend as I like, so I would like to go. My mail: goran.rusinovic@gmail.com
best
g
Old 28-07-2014, 10:39   #13

Sounds great. My wife and I would be interested in joining you for some period in 2015 and/or beyond. We are about your age and retired. We can cook and use tools, although this is not to say I'd have much value maintaining a marine engine. We used to own/sail a Catalina 27 but only on an in-land lake. We have lived in Canada, US and Hong Kong and traveled a pretty fair amount. Will stay in touch.
Old 28-07-2014, 11:28   #14

Boat: Tayana 58 DS

It sounds like a fun adventure. Please do keep us updated.

Is there some mistake in your spec's -- only 300lt diesel tankage? At a moderate 2300rpm, a D2-75 consumes 7.5 liters/hour (double that at 2900rpm). Even without running the genset, that is only 40 hour motoring range.
Old 30-07-2014, 05:20   #15

Hi, Thanks for your input about the fuel. We use a motor speed of 1800rpm which gives as 7.2 kts and a much better range. We have just arrived in Helsinki after leaving St Petersburg a few days ago and will now go onto Stockholm on our way to Denmark and then Spain for the winter.

Tags
Caribbean, mediterranean, Panama, rib