Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 23:29   #1

Boat: Catalina 25
Mebourne Florida sailing on my Catalina 25

Hi everyone, thank you for reading my post. I often sail alone on my Catalina 25 and would love the company of shipmates. I'm often free when most of my friends are working so it's tough to find sailing buddies at times. I am relatively new to sailing, about 3 years, but i have made a trip to Key West & back and look forward to a Bahamas adventure someday. I click best with people who are down to earth, happy, and those that enjoy life and the beauty of this world. I DO NOT click with arrogant or pretentious types. I do enjoy the company of people that want to have fun, and enjoy learning more about sailing. Please no alcoholics, or drug use. (I enjoy alcohol, but not to excess). Couples are welcome to join me(drama free please!)
Please be respectful of my boat & my position as the person who is responsible for your safety. I had one experience with a couple and the man did not want to give me the tiller back after a short bathroom break, major no no as we were nearing a harbor i had never been to, he was banned! lol I do have friends you can call to ask about my ability & demeanor. I'm very laid back but very serious when it comes to safety(I'm an airline pilot). My kids even grumble when I ask them to put their life jackets on. Text is the best way to reach me as I can receive texts when I am flying overseas. Im okay with planning ahead a little but enjoy spontaneity. So if it looks beautiful outside, send a text my way and if my wife doesn't have me doing chores at home, let's go sailing! I can tailor the trip to keep us all happy, a few hours, all day, or even an overnight if we have the time. I'm also a member of ECSA so most of the members know me and can vouch for me(or spread rumors about me too!) Be fun, positive, happy & adventurous and we'll have a great time! Thank you! Nate 619 384 3232
Old 11-07-2015, 11:25   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Mebourne Florida sailing on my Catalina 25

Hi, I would look forward to joining for a sail. I manage to have the odd week here or there (am a controls system consultant with occasional project breaks) and am looking forward to becoming familiar with Fla, both off shore and on shore, as my boss want's me to relocate (to St Aug area) for work (meanwhile, I'm currently 300 mi & 2000 feet North of Denver).
Will PM with CV. What caught my eye is that you sail a Catalina 25. While I have logged 2000 nm, as crew on a 47' Ketch (Central America, offshore on Pacific side) and about 1000 nm skippering a 36' (East coastal), but I had not sailed on a 25' until a few weeks ago and really became fond of the size and manageability of the boat - seemed just right for soloing but well comfortable for a few crew/visitor (we had 4). IMHO, very sound and well constructed, especially given how modest it is. So I'd like to crew on yours and explore some of the Fla cruising grounds.
And I will commit, without fail or hesitation, to return the tiller (or any other request) to the skipper the moment the order is issued (LOL). Yes, there sure are some pretty amusing "sea stories", quite a few in other threads here.
Best Regards
John (aka Wyoming Willie)

Tags
catalina, florida, sail, sailing