Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2016, 20:39   #1

Boat: Buccaneer 27; Hobie 18
Married couple looking to volunteer beginning Spring '17

Us - Happily married professional couple who spends most of our summers at a lake sailing our Buccaneer 27, our Hobie 18, and many of our friends boats (including a F27 Corsair). Social drinkers, no smoking, no drugs, no drama. We vacation about 4 times a year and are interested in doing a "working vacation" while getting an introduction to the cruising lifestyle.

Her: 41 yo ICU nurse, very little sailing experience other than listed above. Very pleasant & respectful to everyone. She is a hard worker, a quick learner, incredibly resilient and able to fit in everywhere. She is certainly the better half of the two of us.

Me: 46 yo retired USCG. Spent most of 20 years driving rescue boats and small ships along Pacific and Atlantic coasts, including the higher latitudes of the pacific northwest and Maine. While I have minimal ocean sailing experience, I am certainly a very experienced seaman (I've towed more sailboats than I've sailed). After retiring from the USCG I went back to school and now practice emergency medicine as a PA.

With a few months notice we have a very flexible schedule, and can pay for our own transportation/expenses. Looking for a 1-2 week (ish) excursion to see if the cruising lifestyle might be for us. Probably don't want to do a crossing for our first trip, but could certainly help with a delivery, or just island hop for a while. We're not looking to be pampered during a cruise, looking to experience the work & play of cruising.

If you're interested shoot me an email at Boatswain2PA (at) gmail