Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2019, 13:18   #1

March 16-23 Mature Woman Seeks Coastal Cruise

Mexico or Caribbean, March 16-23 only

Hello,

I was lucky enough to cruise Greece for three months total in summers of 2016 and 2017 and fell in love with the lifestyle. When I retire in a couple of years, would love to head out on a long adventure. Until then, hope to fit in some short-term jaunts to keep the dream alive. Found my Greece skipper (retired South African) on another sailing website so thought I'd try here next (we are still good friends but he sold the boat).

Open to joining couples or singles, hopefully around my age (61) or at least within a decade or so. For work I'm an executive assistant, so well-organized, good at planning, like to cook, happy to share chores and of course sailing responsibilities. Get along well with others, easy-going and flexible. Still a sailing novice so definitely want to learn more (no experience with overnight passages).

Because I only have about a week, not interested in long passages this time. Prefer day sails and time to swim and explore. Will cover my own transportation and of course, share expenses.

Thanks for your consideration, fair winds to all!
CresVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 17:17   #2

Boat: never mind...
Re: March 16-23 Mature Woman Seeks Coastal Cruise

LoveSail
iSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 22:26   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Eleuthera, 60ft
Post Re: March 16-23 Mature Woman Seeks Coastal Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CresVK View Post
Mexico or Caribbean, March 16-23 only

Hello,

I was lucky enough to cruise Greece for three months total in summers of 2016 and 2017 and fell in love with the lifestyle. When I retire in a couple of years, would love to head out on a long adventure. Until then, hope to fit in some short-term jaunts to keep the dream alive. Found my Greece skipper (retired South African) on another sailing website so thought I'd try here next (we are still good friends but he sold the boat).

Open to joining couples or singles, hopefully around my age (61) or at least within a decade or so. For work I'm an executive assistant, so well-organized, good at planning, like to cook, happy to share chores and of course sailing responsibilities. Get along well with others, easy-going and flexible. Still a sailing novice so definitely want to learn more (no experience with overnight passages).

Because I only have about a week, not interested in long passages this time. Prefer day sails and time to swim and explore. Will cover my own transportation and of course, share expenses.

Thanks for your consideration, fair winds to all!
Circumstances have it that i need a crew to help me sail my 60 ft sailing catamaran from San Diego to the Panama direct... estimate 12 days. All found,. private cabin. Just bring tooth brush. Cheers Lawrence Mex cel +52 6462689066 or my e mail lawrence.papillon@gmail.com
OnePapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 22:39   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Eleuthera, 60ft

Hello
I'm new to this site so not sure my first response was transmitted.
I am a Canadian, in San Diego, aboard my 60 ft catamaran. I need a crew person to help me sail to the Panama from San Diego. I am a very experienced sailor but tired of sleep deprivation. We will sail direct in 9 days. You have your own private cabin and facilities. I'll fly you back to san Francisco.
Kind Regards
Lawrence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lawrence.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	186273  
OnePapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 12:21   #5

Hi I’m Dave, retired military guy, lots of time on on my hands up for the adventure. I have some experience in the gulf, and inter coastal waterway. With one overnight passage sailing. Can follow instructions, cook, chores etc. looking for the experience Ronhwlp me decide if it is a path I chose to follow (boat ownership that is). I’m fit mid fifties non smoker social drinker.
ffdlm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 11:46   #6

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post - I'm all set for now, lucky to find a beautiful boat in the Bahamas. I'm come back on this forum upon my return.

Fair winds to all!

(Sorry I can't edit/delete this post...)
CresVK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, cruise