Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2017, 23:51   #1

Boat: PROUT 37'
Mallorca to Israel on 20.6.17

My name is Alon, 65 yo, Israeli.
Due to unexpected personal reasons, boatman61 is going to leave. Rather crying on this I see myself fortunate having him with me till now.
Urgently in need of crew member (or skipper) with some experience in sailboats. The boat is a Prout 37 2002 cat equipped with all that necessary for such voyage. Left Chichester, England on 10th of May, now anchoring in Alcudia, Mallorca.Planning on making the legs as fallowing : Menorca-Sardinia-Sicily-Malta-Greece-Crete-Ashqelon,Israel.
I myself hold coastal skipper and radio operator certificates.
This post aimed to male or female, who is ready to take full share in all tasks, clean and tidy. No to people with short fuse, no to smokers/drug consumers/heavy drinkers.
Air fares to Mallorca and from Israel as well as basic food on board - on me.
Can't pay fee to experienced skippers with master certificate but there is a bonus of 2,500 euro in Ashqelon.
dfwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 00:07   #2

Boat: Boatless at the moment
Re: Mallorca to Israel on 20.6.17

Alon wish you and your crew a save and nice trip, hope that notting severe has happened with boattie..
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 07:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Alon wish you and your crew a save and nice trip, hope that notting severe has happened with boattie..
Thank you so much.
Alon
Old 18-06-2017, 19:39   #4

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwm View Post
Due to unexpected personal reasons, boatman61 is going to leave. Rather crying on this I see myself fortunate having him with me till now.
Urgently in need of crew member (or skipper) with some experience in sailboats. The boat is a Prout 37 2002 cat equipped with all that necessary for such voyage. Left Chichester, England on 10th of May, now anchoring in Alcudia, Mallorca.Planning on making the legs as fallowing : Menorca-Sardinia-Sicily-Malta-Greece-Crete-Ashqelon,Israel.
This post aimed to male or female, who is ready to take full share in all tasks, clean and tidy. No to people with short fuse, no to smokers/drug consumers/heavy drinkers.
Can't pay fee to experienced skippers with master certificate but there is a bonus of 2,500 euro in Ashqelon.
We could be interested but maybe not a practical option for you. We're a couple in Australia so flights would cost a bit, but we have the sea miles (recent circum), Sandy is a great cook, both clean, healthy etc.
Vic
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 03:34   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
We could be interested but maybe not a practical option for you. We're a couple in Australia so flights would cost a bit, but we have the sea miles (recent circum), Sandy is a great cook, both clean, healthy etc.
Vic
Hey Vic
Thanks for your response.
As one could guess from my post I'm on a tight budget and all I can say is that your diagnose is correct. Sorry and thanks again.
Best wishes
Alon
Old 19-06-2017, 07:07   #6

PM sent
katoema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 08:17   #7

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Wish you succesful voyage.
Just a comment on your plan - Crete area can be rather lively...depending on the experience level of the crew, I would consider going directly through the Cyclades to Turkey, Cyprus, Israel.
While you may meet strong winds in the Cyclades, it will be much more pleasant than Crete sea.
Bon Voyage
Meir
meirriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirriba View Post
Wish you succesful voyage.
Just a comment on your plan - Crete area can be rather lively...depending on the experience level of the crew, I would consider going directly through the Cyclades to Turkey, Cyprus, Israel.
While you may meet strong winds in the Cyclades, it will be much more pleasant than Crete sea.
Bon Voyage
Meir
Hey Meir
Thank you so much for the tip, I'll consider your suggestion seriously.
Best wishes
Alon
Old 19-06-2017, 10:09   #9

Hi,
are you still looking for help ?
if so we can carry 'talking' if you contact me on my email. my address is..
michaelesullivan20@gamil.com
michael.
Theoldvicarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 10:46   #10
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

For those considering applying hes a straight up guy.. we have I think become friends in our short time together from Camarinas.
In my own way sad I have to go home..
Good sailing Alon..
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 12:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
For those considering applying hes a straight up guy.. we have I think become friends in our short time together from Camarinas.
In my own way sad I have to go home..
Good sailing Alon..
Hey
Hope your way back home wasn't too much of a hassle.
Already miss you my friend.
Thanks again for everything.
Wish you all the best
Alon
Old 19-06-2017, 15:54   #12

Hi, Iam interested in your post, do you still need crew for your delivery? Iam available now. But Iam in Sydney Australia. Iam 65 years old Ihave 25 years sailing experience I have sailed a 37 ft Grainger catamaran from Sydney to Thailand. How long do you think the trip would take? Iam available until end August.I have a Australian radio operators certificate and a unrestricted coxswain certificate ( now expired)
Hoping to hear from you
Cheers
Russell Law
russell1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 20:14   #13

Quote:
Hi, I sent reply earlier but unsure if it went.Iam available if you need crew. Iam 65 YO with 25 years sailing experience, sailed my own catamaran from Sydney to Thailand, Iam based in Sydney Australia, let me know if you are interested
Cheers
Russell Law
russell1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 20:17   #14

Boat: Nauta 54' by Scott Kaufman/S&S - 1989

Any reason to stop in Malta?

From Riposto - Sicily you sail to the Corinthian canal, eventually with a stop over in Puglie region (Leuca or Gallipoli)

I sent you a PM
TheThunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 04:18   #15

Quote:
Dear forum members

Friends in Israel have heard about my problem and solved it.
So, a skipper and crew making all arrangements to join me on Sunday.
Thank you for your support.
Best wishes
Alon

Tags
Israel