Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2018, 08:00   #1

Looking For Weekend Experience In Mid-Atlantic/East Coast/Caribbean

As the title states, I am looking to get crew experience in the Mid-Atlantic region. I'm currently located in Baltimore but I have no qualms about driving a couple hours. I also have some flight vouchers so I would be willing to go further for the right trip.

I am ASA 101 certified but I have not been out much since my certification over a year ago. I don't want to let my knowledge slip away.

Unfortunately, I can only do weekend trips (~4 days) or day trips at this time because of work.

Thank you for your consideration!
Arkhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 09:51   #2

Re: Looking For Weekend Experience In Mid-Atlantic/East Coast/Caribbean

Hi Arkhound! My husband and I recently bought a boat in Baltimore (technically Pasadena) and are sailing it down to NC and then Charleston, SC. We are probably going to complete the trip in segments and are planning to begin the first leg of the trip this weekend. We are both fairly experienced sailors & my husband has done a decent amount of solo sailing but we are looking for a 3rd crew member for this trip. We would love to talk to you if you are interested! Thanks!
Alewis1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 11:05   #3

Yes! I am interested. I've sent a personal message.
Arkhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 14:41   #4

Think about joining a sailing club and volunteering as crew on the weekends. Severn Sailing Assoc. is a one design club and plenty of opportunity to get onboard.
CaptCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 16:36   #5

Hi, I. Have delivered sail and power with new owners And old from Chicago to the Keys. My expertise is in old fashion plotting. It's nice with the new electronics , but in inclement conditions, I prefer local knowledge with sheet charts, dividers and parallel rules. I've done app. 75 trips with and without owners on the Eastcoast and can walk you through most inlets. I love what I do but I charge 125/day plus provisions and airfair home to BWI. Crew 35/day if needed. To do the locks to or from Lake Michigan, 3 are requestered. The trent/severn locks in canada from lake Onterio to lake Huron should not be missed. Richard Moorhouse rmoorhouse@gmail.com
dickdeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 12:17   #6

Boat: 24ft Bristol Corsair
Send a message via MSN to brendanwalls Send a message via Yahoo to brendanwalls Send a message via Skype™ to brendanwalls
pirate Re: Looking For Weekend Experience In Mid-Atlantic/East Coast/Caribbean

Hi Arkhound

I also did my ASA101 about 10 years ago and sailed maybe half a dozen times a year until buying my Bristol 18 months ago to practice in. You're welcome to join me on the Magothy (20miles from)Baltimore any Friday or Saturday.

Brendan
brendanwalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, east coast, enc, rib