Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2014, 10:27   #31
cruiser

Re: Looking For Sailing Partner,

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
No, this is the real question
He skis "the blacks". He plays racquetball. He owns a boat.

He's at least 25, and he's under 45.
Old 17-07-2014, 11:06   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
He skis "the blacks". He plays racquetball. He owns a boat.

He's at least 25, and he's under 45.

I bet he's over 45
Old 17-07-2014, 12:17   #33

Boat: yorktown custom 40' cutter

ok, had a feeling this would go pear-shaped and sadly wasn't surprised when it did. a few answers to questions even though none of the responders so far are my target demographic.

I don't need any of your money to finish the boat. I don't expect anyone to come rescue me if I make a bad decision or get unlucky. if you think you look ugly without lipstick then your lack of self confidence/esteem will not work for me. I ski 75+ days a year, do it for pennies working barter deals in the mountains. I play racquetball at a public gym that costs $25/month for unlimited play. I salvaged my boat for $1 moments before it was to fall to the chainsaws and it is coming together through trades/barters/re-purposed and re-used materials. I live very comfortably 10 miles from the beach in so cal on less than $5k/year, its not that hard to do. I am vegetarian by choice and don't expect anyone to change for me, that's why I said first thing I was looking for someone who already was a beaner. the suggestion about buying a Russian wife was just adolescent and creepy. im 52 and male.

any chance we could be done with the trolls now?
Old 17-07-2014, 12:26   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwilk37 View Post
any chance we could be done with the trolls now?
Don't you know this forum by now?
Hey think of it this way, all these answers keep bumping your topic back up to the top of the list, with all us trolls, your question would be deeply buried.
Old 17-07-2014, 12:27   #35

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

Never!

Seriously, did you really think you weren't going to be razzed when you posted your interest? You have been a member here much longer than I have and I have seen others who seek soul mates on the "crew wanted" section of this forum. Invariably, they get the treatment.

It is still possible that the person you seek is still lurking nearby. I am sure this person can wade thru the chaff and get to the object of their interest. Continuing comments from the gallery (galley?) will be but tiny no-see-ums humming about as the music swells.

To those who may be considering - this guy sounds like he's very careful about his money. The coin is squeezed until it begs for mercy. Just sayin...
Old 17-07-2014, 12:33   #36

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

a64pilot has it right. How many serious inquiries have you had? Got a stack of prospectives you are wading thru?

I thought so.

The ONLY reason this stream continues to appear on the main page as folks log on is because of the gigglers. You should thank them.
Old 17-07-2014, 13:25   #37

Quote:
. . . I live very comfortably 10 miles from the beach in so cal on less than $5k/year, its not that hard to do. . .
Tell me how to live very comfortably 10 miles from the beach in SoCal for less than $5K, and I'll get you those girls!
Old 17-07-2014, 14:33   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
Tell me how to live very comfortably 10 miles from the beach in SoCal for less than $5K, and I'll get you those girls!
Mommy's basement?
Old 17-07-2014, 14:38   #39

Boat: yorktown custom 40' cutter

patiently avoiding thread hijack. (now that would be a useful emoticon)
Old 17-07-2014, 15:06   #40

Boat: Bristol 29

Quote:
Please, if you can honestly say 'yes' to all of the following, then read on...

vegetarian/vegan
do not want more/any kids
non-materialistic
adventurous in the Italian 16th century sense of the word
comfortable in your own skin

Ever dream of escaping the grind and sailing off to the wilder places on this planet? Living small and responsibly with the whole world as your destination, on a solid cruising boat capable of taking you anywhere you want to go? Im building the boat, should be ready to sail in san diego in two years and depart in three. Id like to go with a partner. Im a capable sailor and although I could single hand it would be great to find a girl who could stand her own watch and share the adventure. VEGITARIAN, 35-45, at home on and in the water, with a strong desire to live a simple, authentic and adventurous life.

When we aren't sailing it would be great if you could ski the blacks, kick my butt in 8-ball or racquetball, finish the Saturday NYT puzzle in under an hour, teach me scuba or yoga or just love maintaining brightwork.

Im 6'3", 200lbs, fit for the activities I like, smarter than the average bear, honest, loyal, quick to laugh, grounded, vote with my dollars, prefer to be outdoors and havent played a video game since I was 15. I don't wear team jerseys, rarely carry my phone, and eat something out of my garden every day.

a few deal-breakers to help speed things along, in case you bypassed the opening line: face paint, carnivores, a closet full of shoes, texting, nail polish, true believers in any one faith, mindless consumption... and the Welch. (sideways winky face)

What I can't figure out is why he's still single!
Old 17-07-2014, 15:32   #41

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Moon View Post
What I can't figure out is why he's still single!
He's still single because he has an unusual lifestyle, knows exactly what he wants, is true to what he considers deal-killers in a relationship, and is probably smarter than the average bird, which likely means most people annoy him with the petty **** that goes on in their mundane lives and few people will meet his criteria. But it's better to be single than to live a lie. Of course, he's 52 and looking for a "young" chick (35-45, right?). So he's got a bit of vanity, too. We can't all be perfect. Anyway, good luck to you, RobWilk, and ignore the trolls. It keeps a post like this interesting.
Old 17-07-2014, 15:38   #42

Boat: wharram tiki 26

stop looking and your vegetablist nubile may appear when you are least looking for her.
Old 17-07-2014, 15:42   #43
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
He's still single because he has an unusual lifestyle, ...
Or he's divorced because he has nothing to offer except barter, and a job would be materialistic. The only question that leaves is where his five grand comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salticrak View Post
stop looking and your vegetablist nubile may appear when you are least looking for her.
The only problem with that is that it may be in canine form.

I think I spend more than five thousand a year on chocolate in various forms. Not to mention gasoline.
Old 17-07-2014, 15:49   #44

Boat: Not yet!

5000 a year on chocolate is my kind of habit!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 17-07-2014, 15:56   #45
cruiser

I'm certain we're there if we count root beer. Barq's was a terrible thing to introduce me to.

Ladies, you can go with this guy and eat beans on a boat he maintains with barter.

Or you can come with me, eat steak and drink root beer by the quart. You can wear smokin' hot clothes complete with lovely heels. A reasonably priced Porche isn't out of the question. But if you cost me more than a couple hundred thousand a year, my wife might find out, and then things would go to hell in a bucket.

Tags
sailing, sail