Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2018, 21:10   #61

Re: Looking for gay couple to crew catamaran

Damn ... the crew qualifications get tougher all the time ... at this rate I'll never get a chance.
Old 29-06-2018, 21:26   #62
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Birder View Post
Damn ... the crew qualifications get tougher all the time ... at this rate I'll never get a chance.
it may be easier than you think,after all how difficult is it to grow a pair of breasts with gene therapy and hormones:whistling
the trick might be, not to be looking too hard for those stewardess jobs
Old 29-06-2018, 21:32   #63
cruiser

Perfect!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9369695-1C76-413E-B823-F51B7D34C40A.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	172733  
Old 30-06-2018, 01:19   #64

This is just weird. Doesn’t look right in anyway.
Old 30-06-2018, 03:38   #65

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakhs View Post
Why gay ?
The forum is full of PC answers and outrages.

Sometimes the answers are much simpler then most think.

1.) Its a big expensive Cat.
2.) so probably the owner is older.
3.) older rich guys attract hot young woman.
4.) a gay crew is the safest option for him to not lose her to a young pretty muscolous saylor from the crew. She has eye candy for entertainment, but she cant get it.

Its too simple...
Old 30-06-2018, 05:06   #66
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
In the years since I joined CF, there have been quite a few crew wanted posts looking for a female crew person. No one got upset with them, ..................
really? I sure can.
Old 30-06-2018, 09:29   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
In the years since I joined CF, there have been quite a few crew wanted posts looking for a female crew person. No one got upset with them, and to me, that is equally discriminatory as the subject ad.
Usually it takes the form of sarcasm but yes, they typically get roasted and if it's blatant, pretty justifiable. Try this one found with 30 seconds of searching:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-179537.html

If the OP is looking for a guest who will help out on the boat occasionally with romantic possibilities, say that but crew wanted implies an employee/employer relationship and that's when the rules change.

Letting potential applicants know your orientation is OK. An employee living 24/7 in close quarters will be expected to hear about your employers lifestyle/politics/cooking style/bad jokes/etc.. Making them aware so they can determine if it will be an issue is legitimate. Ruling them out before they have had a chance to address the potential concern is not.

A more upfront response. The guy readily admits he's looking more for a relationship than an employment position:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...se-151016.html
Old 30-06-2018, 09:44   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonnellryan View Post
Not saying discrimination in the way OP stated is OK, but certainly some discrimination is actually mutually beneficial for both parties.

Though I feel a better way for OP to phrase this would have been to explain their situation. Would cut out this discussion
If the OP came back and
- Provided sound job related reason for the request (maybe he's planning to spend all his time in countries where it's legal to pay for it).
- That it was a miscommunication & the point wasn't that he wanted to discriminate against heterosexual people but really just wanted to warn potential applicants that they would be exposed to his lifestyle but no participation is expected.
- Or clarify there was a romantic angle not an employee/employer relationship.
Any of these responses and the question sorts itself out.

It's a safe assumption that if he's willing to make the original post, he's out of the closet and fairly comfortable with his orientation so I find it hard to believe he's intimated from providing a clear response on a relatively anonymous forum.
Old 30-06-2018, 18:41   #69
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

On a private pleasure boat, I have never assumed that when the owner was looking for additional crew...it was a paid position.
I think that most are looking for other like minded people to sail with them, because their boat has plenty of room.
Old 30-06-2018, 21:08   #70

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
On a private pleasure boat, I have never assumed that when the owner was looking for additional crew...it was a paid position.
I think that most are looking for other like minded people to sail with them, because their boat has plenty of room.
Exactly! Cruisers looking for crew is seldom a paid gig, and when it is, the ad will usually say so, for it attracts a different sort of person: some one with skills that are worthy of pay, not some one looking for experience, thrills or adventure at sea.

Jim
Old 30-06-2018, 22:40   #71

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

If we wold invite crew members for a passage it would be most likely either another couple or 2 females.

I would need somebody the admiral can talk to all day long, so I can enjoy a quiet peacefull sail... [emoji12]
Old 01-07-2018, 00:18   #72

If I wanted to cruise around the world, and my wife didn’t, I suspect she would require me to have gay crew as well...
Old 01-07-2018, 04:45   #73

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
If the OP came back and
- Provided sound job related reason for the request (maybe he's planning to spend all his time in countries where it's legal to pay for it).
- That it was a miscommunication & the point wasn't that he wanted to discriminate against heterosexual people but really just wanted to warn potential applicants that they would be exposed to his lifestyle but no participation is expected.
- Or clarify there was a romantic angle not an employee/employer relationship.
Any of these responses and the question sorts itself out.

It's a safe assumption that if he's willing to make the original post, he's out of the closet and fairly comfortable with his orientation so I find it hard to believe he's intimated from providing a clear response on a relatively anonymous forum.
The OP has no such obligation, any more than someone wanting a Republican for crew, or a vegetarian, would have to explain anything. Give it a rest already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
If we wold invite crew members for a passage it would be most likely either another couple or 2 females.

I would need somebody the admiral can talk to all day long, so I can enjoy a quiet peacefull sail... [emoji12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
This.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 01-07-2018, 13:59   #74

Boat: Pogo 30

Really? Guy seeking gay couple to crew.......the rest is implied. Men on a boat......gay men on a boat. Gay men are men and we all know what that means. Plus, gay couples are simply more FABULOUS! Not to mention how great we look in a sailor's uniform.
Old 01-07-2018, 14:39   #75
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for gay couple to crew catamaran

[QUOTE=Pelagic;2662094]One of the biggest weaknesses of sailors, is that we get obsessed with definitions.

So to help the OP, let's just clarify.

Does Gay apply to:
1 Transvestites?
2 A person that swings both ways?
3 An effeminate, intelligent man, with a sense of humor?
4 Can one be Gay and the other just accepting ?

I hope the OP clarifies for us to put our detail addicted minds to rest.....then maybe we might know of a suitable couple who they should consider? [emoji4]

Best of luck and congrats on your new boat.[/QUOTEWho really gives a **** apart from a fundimentalist Muslim or a Born again Christian..
Not forgeting the agressivly hetro guy who's terrified he might be gay coz he likes all the butt slaps in the locker room..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, crew, gay