Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 22:04   #1

Boat: 1981 Tayana 37
Looking for female sailing companion..short term, with option to stay

I am looking for a female sailing companion. Come check it out, head north for a week or so, and if we enjoy it, stay longer. The boat is a Tayana 37.
The Captain is me(48 male ,single, no kids, one dog) The crew is my 90 lb rottie named Buddy(and shes a she).
Im just purchasing a Tayana 37 and going to square some things away over the next month or so and head up the ICW from NC, to somewhere cooler and less prone to hurricanes for the summer. New England area more than likely. When it gets cooler, head south. The only real place that's set in stone to visit,well Id like to make it to Canada, but maybe not this year. In Nov or so I will stay in Hilton Head for about a month to visit old friends. Other than that's, its kinda play it by ear. We can go as far south as we decide in the winter.
While cruising the boat will be on the hook as much as possible. With a couple days a month in marinas. I wont spend a ton of time on shore. You are more than welcome to. I will feed you. I mean not hold the spoon and make airplane sounds..lol.. I will provide food for you to eat. My goal is to start eating healthier, fruits, seafood, but I do like pizza and steaks, so , you know.. once a week or something, who knows.
I have plenty of fishing gear and know how to use it. Im all about oysters, clams, lobster, fish , whatever. Also have a hookah rig. Oh, and a underwear metal detector if you want to find treasure...Ive heard its just like picking daisies
Im a professional boat guy. Have worked on boats most of my life. Ex Navy, sport fish charter boats, yachts, tugs, Capt, Engineer, of course deck hand and mate. I have owned a few sailboats, 5 to be exact...no 4..4 to be exact I haven't sailed in forever. In fact, I am recently coming back from 4 years in the mtns , sold my house and land up there and got this boat. But I fix boats, build them, and Im safe. We will be going up the intercoastal mostly under power at first, and slowly as we are comfortable with the boat and each others ability, going offshore sailing. We will sail when we can inshore as well of course.
A little more about me, I write and record music, poorly I cuss like a sailor on occasion , but only cuss a little around polite company. Im not a yeller...some captains are such @ss@@les...I mean man, it blows my mind..I am not, Im a nice guy. Uh, what else, I don't drink daily. I don't smoke cigs, or do pills, or powders. Everyones mother loves me..lol. Im a nice guy..that kinda sums it up. I don't steal, or lie, or cheat people. Im not sure what else I can tell you, so just ask anything.
About you...what am I looking for.
Someone with good hygiene ,that is far too young for me, much too pretty, and smarter than I am. OK, OK, how about, younger, cute, and witty..lol. Someone that is honest, can stand a watch without falling asleep, someone that can be trusted. Just a extra set of eyes and hands. Or someone that will turn around if I fall off...is that asking too much..lol. This isn't going to be a intense , stressful delivery. Its going to be a easy cruise , not in any hurry(well except to get north asap due me feeling like the longer Im here Im rolling the dice for a hurricane visit) BTW, Im going to try to include this cool picture I have. The numbers in the circles are average years between hurricanes in that area. I forget where I got it, its probably listed on the pic if you want to learn more.
I guess that's a good start. You can private message me if you are interested or have questions.
I really didn't think until now, if this is ok to post, I know it could sound like a personals ad..its not really. Id just rather be cooped up with a girl than a guy...call me crazy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricane return.png
Views:	690
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	195854  
TheLastPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 15:51   #2

Re: Looking for female sailing companion..short term, with option to stay

Hi there
I so luv what you wrote....having also a dog on board is just beautiful anyway I sailed a lot around on a capedory....I am original from Germany live in ft myers and spent last summer in the keys .....I am in Germany right now but will get back to the states ...would totally luv to hook up with you from what you wrote and how you described everything ..maybe we can work out some kind of deal ...greetings from the German girl
Bettyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 16:48   #3

I just wanted to say hi from fellow Tayana 37 owner. As you probably know there is a Tayana owner group (TOG) that have abundant information about the boat. Also interesting that you are an engineer and looking for a female to crew. I retired early in my mid 40's from an engineering profession and lived and sailed my Tayana all the while I was able to find someone special to sail with me from placing ads in various publications. It does work but you have to be persistent. That was decades ago and I would not have done anything differently. Good luck and should you get into the Chesapeake drop me a note.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 04:23   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Betty.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 06:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPirate View Post
I am looking for a female sailing companion. ....................................... Id just rather be cooped up with a girl than a guy...call me crazy.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 06:32   #6
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for female sailing companion..short term, with option to stay

LBGT will be outraged..
Sexist in so many ways..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 07:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
LBGT will be outraged..
Sexist in so many ways..

You may be right but maybe the OP is more broad-minded than you think. He never specified birth gender nor sexual orientation...
KC375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:08   #8

Boat: Victoire 1270

Am I the only one who's wondering how much fun a 90lb Rotti is going to have on a 37' sailboat that anchors a lot?
syPhilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 09:04   #9

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPirate View Post

I have plenty of fishing gear and know how to use it. Im all about oysters, clams, lobster, fish , whatever. Also have a hookah rig. Oh, and a underwear metal detector if you want to find treasure...Ive heard its just like picking daisies
..call me crazy.
This might cause some applicants to worry a bit.
Old 22-07-2019, 13:28   #10

Boat: Manta 42’ catamaran

What’s wrong with seeking a female cruising companion?? I’d do the same and will post for that in Fall. PC has gone too far! The man wants a cruising woman! Good for him!
W3un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 13:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3un View Post
What’s wrong with seeking a female cruising companion?? I’d do the same and will post for that in Fall. PC has gone too far! The man wants a cruising woman! Good for him!
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 13:52   #12

The only problem I have with the pirate looking for the female sailing companion ......he obviously does not like German girls on his boat🤔🤔🤔🤔the never answered to my fan post that I would hire to sail with a crazy guy and the 90'pound dog ....
Bettyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 12:03   #13
cruiser

Employers are constantly trying to find girlfriends for themselves through their employment for themselves.
This is ridiculous. Rate your wallet and your age. Based on this:
1. Find out where women go whose age you are interested in (in which bars, clubs, restaurants, parties). Often these institutions hold events: who for ...
2. Go to church, churches.
3. Craigslist
4. Marriage agencies, including international ones.
5. One-off love from $ 50 to $ 500 per hour (depending on the woman). It is prosecuted by law as prostitution for both.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 12:18   #14
cruiser

And still one - less talk about yourself on first connection, but immediately invite her in cafe, bar, lounge, restaurant and etc.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 12:50   #15

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

If this works well, unfortunately, I'll be amazed. Good luck brother. There's really no reason why it shouldn't work. What better way to post for a female sailing partner than a sailing forum? Despite cheap jokes, the idea makes a certain amount of sense. Two people might get happier out of it.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing