Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 21:56   #1

Boat: Tartan 27
Looking for experienced crew?

I have crewed on several deliveries for a total of about 8,000 nm. It’s something I truly enjoy. Here is a list (All found on CF):

Crew (41’ Morgan) 1-2012; The Bahamas to West Palm Beach, FL 350 nm
Crew (37’ Banjer) 3-2012; The Bahamas to Beaufort, NC 900 nm
Crew (27’ Catalina) 8-2012; Washington, DC to Beaufort, NC via the ICW 400 nm
Crew (56’ Swan) 12-2012, 5-2013, 6-2014; Stonington, CT - St. Maarten via Bermuda. Three deliveries 1,800 nm each (5,400 nm total)
Crew (37’ Tayana) 4-2014; Jacksonville, FL to Portland, ME via Beaufort, NC 1,100 nm

These trips may be limited in number but rich in experience. I've encountered severe weather, doldrums, fog, heavy traffic, entering unfamiliar ports at night, failed equipment, dunnage, fouled props, fouled anchors, crab pots, fish traps, sketchy officials, medical emergencies, groundings, sea sickness, many, many dockings and lazy crew mates...all taken in stride and dealt with calmly and effectively (and with a smile).

Crewing has morphed from a mere side-interest into a profession. I recently passed my Captain's Licence exam (100 tons) and am enrolled in a random drug testing program. I am CPR certified.

I have the skills and temperament required for long passages. I know my way around a sailboat. I am good at night watches. Great cook. I'm happy to pitch in when needed - wherever. Respect the chain of command. I'm easy to get along with and I’m not too picky when it comes to creature comforts. I also have no shore commitments so length of trip is usually not a problem. I am financially stable. Don't drink or smoke. I'm 49 and in reasonable shape...for a middle-aged American.

Weakness: Hitches. Can tie a bowlin behind my back with one hand but can't do hitches. IDKW

So, if you need crew, please feel free to contact me. I’m usually available on short notice. I typically ask for airfare to and from the boat (I'm based in Annapolis, MD/Washington, DC), all on-board food and $100/day; although I can, and have, waived all of these for interesting trips.

I am particularly interested in meeting professional delivery captains for ongoing work.

More information is on my sailing resume which is available upon request. Captain recommendations are also available.

Thank you and fair winds

Greg
Old 16-09-2014, 09:00   #2

Re: Looking for experienced crew?

I'm planning on sailing my 42' Cheoy Lee from Annapolis to St Thomas first week in November. Interested in talking to you if it fits.

Russ
703-493-4102

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 16-09-2014, 10:09   #3

Hi Greg
Just saw your post...I am a professional delivery skipper based in the Bahamas. I have just started today to get a crew together to bring a Leopard 46 cat over from Nice, France to Tortola, BVI. This would be a non paying position, but all boat expenses and reasonable travel costs will be covered by me. I plan to start from Nice 1st Oct, the trip will take approx 35 days. If you are interested please send me your CV Many thanks Ainsley Harrison Ainsley R Harrison, Global Yachtmaster
Old 16-09-2014, 21:57   #4

PM sent. Thanks for your interest!

Greg
Old 19-10-2014, 10:46   #5

Sailor Greg
Taking my 38ft Lagoon catamaran from CT to FL soonest. Need to be in St Augustine by 10 Nov. Outside to Norfolk, inside to Beaufort, outside to FL.
Looking for competent skipper for opposite shift. Interested?
Randy Bryan, randy@converdant.biz, 603-225-7422.
Old 20-10-2014, 07:04   #6
cp1

Please see my profile here on CF.
Send me a PM if in need of my help.
Thanks , cp1

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 28-10-2014, 11:18   #7

San Blas sound interesting?
Old 28-10-2014, 21:35   #8

Hi Greg
we're considering buying a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44i 2010 in the next 60 days. Need to reposition the boat from BVI to Miami in January 2015.

What is your cost (all in) to drive the boat with an experienced Captain on this trip (2 crew total). I am an inexperienced blue water sailor as the potential new owner and need some good crew to get us from BVI to MIA.

Await your response. Trip should be fun with me and my son also.

Thanks

Tony Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Greg View Post
I have crewed on several deliveries for a total of about 8,000 nm. It’s something I truly enjoy. Here is a list (All found on CF):

Crew (41’ Morgan) 1-2012; The Bahamas to West Palm Beach, FL 350 nm
Crew (37’ Banjer) 3-2012; The Bahamas to Beaufort, NC 900 nm
Crew (27’ Catalina) 8-2012; Washington, DC to Beaufort, NC via the ICW 400 nm
Crew (56’ Swan) 12-2012, 5-2013, 6-2014; Stonington, CT - St. Maarten via Bermuda. Three deliveries 1,800 nm each (5,400 nm total)
Crew (37’ Tayana) 4-2014; Jacksonville, FL to Portland, ME via Beaufort, NC 1,100 nm

These trips may be limited in number but rich in experience. I've encountered severe weather, doldrums, fog, heavy traffic, entering unfamiliar ports at night, failed equipment, dunnage, fouled props, fouled anchors, crab pots, fish traps, sketchy officials, medical emergencies, groundings, sea sickness, many, many dockings and lazy crew mates...all taken in stride and dealt with calmly and effectively (and with a smile).

Crewing has morphed from a mere side-interest into a profession. I recently passed my Captain's Licence exam (100 tons) and am enrolled in a random drug testing program. I am CPR certified.

I have the skills and temperament required for long passages. I know my way around a sailboat. I am good at night watches. Great cook. I'm happy to pitch in when needed - wherever. Respect the chain of command. I'm easy to get along with and I’m not too picky when it comes to creature comforts. I also have no shore commitments so length of trip is usually not a problem. I am financially stable. Don't drink or smoke. I'm 49 and in reasonable shape...for a middle-aged American.

Weakness: Hitches. Can tie a bowlin behind my back with one hand but can't do hitches. IDKW

So, if you need crew, please feel free to contact me. I’m usually available on short notice. I typically ask for airfare to and from the boat (I'm based in Annapolis, MD/Washington, DC), all on-board food and $100/day; although I can, and have, waived all of these for interesting trips.

I am particularly interested in meeting professional delivery captains for ongoing work.

More information is on my sailing resume which is available upon request. Captain recommendations are also available.

Thank you and fair winds

Greg
Old 30-10-2014, 13:39   #9

pm sent. Thanks
Old 23-11-2014, 18:07   #10

Hi All,

I am booked until Feb. 2015. Please get in touch if you need crew after that date.

Thanks!

Tags
crew, enc