Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2016, 12:41   #1

Boat: Hunter 290
Looking for experience in shorter open water passages

I've got a few of years of pretty good experience, starting with dinghies for a couple of years, and owning a Hunter 290 that I sail on inland waters quite often.

I took ASA 101 in there somewhere, and earlier this year skippered a week long charter on a Beneteau 41 in the BVIs. That was amazing, but the BVIs require very few navigational skills, and feel like a large lake at times.

I'd love to sail on some longer legs to start building some miles and getting experience with more "real" passages. Ideally this would be maybe a couple of days at a time, and I could push to a week if necessary.

My preference would be in the Gulf or Caribbean area, but that is not required. Let me know if you need a very eager extra pair of hands!

Carl
Old 27-07-2016, 08:32   #2

Boat: Allied Seawind MKII 32'
Re: Looking for experience in shorter open water passages

Hello,

I'm going to be taking my 32' Allied SWII from Placida FL --> Charleston SC sometime in September.

I have one other USCG 100T licensed crew member going with me, but we would like a third person to help ease the watch rotations, etc.

The trip is about 850NM port to port, and we are hoping to make about 3.5 knots to mark for a total trip time of ~10 days.

Let me know if this would be of any interest to you. It's a ketch rig and we are looking to do more open ocean then ICW travel in the interest of making better time/avoiding the crowds.
Old 27-07-2016, 09:06   #3

Boat: Hunter 290
Re: Looking for experience in shorter open water passages

ryade,

Yes, that sounds very similar to what I'm looking for. I've sent you a PM.

Tags
enc, passage, water